Record Store Day 2023

Did anyone notice any releases from "Iron Mountain Analogue Research"? They do the hillbillies in hell series and a few others. Can't seem to find anything for this year.

Edit: Found it. It's a EU/UK exclusive. It will probably show up somewhere though.

Ok, it's less that a week away. Question: what are people excited about getting? I'll listen to any recs y'all post this week and see what clicks.

I've noticed some love for P.M. Dawn, and the Nuggets collection, so I'lll check those out.

My own list of potential grabs are mainly big run items, so hopefully I'll be good to find them:

Magnetic Fields
Beach House
Sigur Ros
Wilco
Blur

Last edited:
The only ones I'm really, really jazzed about are yusuf's Detroit and tricky's premillenium tension, which are both UK. On the US side, I want the cure's show but not that picture disc bullshit
Yeah, hear you on pic discs. Also, I listened to Show this morning, and having seen the Cure a few times – all incredible performances – I didn't find Show to be particularly epic, so I'm fine holding off on that one.

Ok, it's less that a week away. Question: what are people excited about getting?

The eBay mega blowout last week has eradicated any remaining hype. I'll still show up for Flash & the Dynamics that i've been chasing for years, and maybe that Adverts live album, but after getting box sets all week for the same price as a single RSD release that will be 50% off at overstocked indies in 60 days, I don't have the fOMO no more.

The eBay mega blowout last week has eradicated any remaining hype. I'll still show up for Flash & the Dynamics that i've been chasing for years, and maybe that Adverts live album, but after getting box sets all week for the same price as a single RSD release that will be 50% off at overstocked indies in 60 days, I don't have the fOMO no more.
I'm kinda leaning the same way. Always love to drop by and then grab breakfast and a drink with some friends afterward. A great Saturday without the cost this time.

What was the eBay mega blowout, and is there a thread to keep track of those kind of things?

What was the eBay mega blowout, and is there a thread to keep track of those kind of things?
the online deals thread (as @avecigrec posted) has it, but just fyi: importcds/deepdiscount/popmarket are all different storefronts for the same seller, so if you check one place (e.g. deepdiscounts blowoutbin) and it says something's gone, you can check one of the other storefronts (e.g. popmarket or ebay's get_importcds listings or the walmart online store) for the same listing. Many of the listings marked as out of stock will also pop back up after a while when they restock. that blowout started around page 793 IIRC, there really were a ton of deals.

My wife is going on a trip to Mexico with her mom and aunt over next weekend, so I am going to hit RSD and then take my boys to the local toy store next door and then spend the rest of the weekend watching playoff basketball and I am just super excited.
All of you let loose in your respective toy stores. Sounds like fun!! Who could ask for more?

My local just released their stock list fro RSD.

£92 for the Bill Evans release.....bloody hell.
£63 for the Charlie Parker.....bloody hell.
£58 for the Chet Baker.....bloody hell.
I love Bill Evans, but kinda getting burnt out on all these RSD/BFRSD releases. And their price just keeps going up

Back