Another fucking picture disc

SHOW - 30th ANNIVERSARY 2LP RELEASE FOR Record Store Day

THE CURE IN CONCERT - FIRST TIME ON PICTURE DISC

RECORDED LIVE AT THE PALACE, AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN USA

REMASTERED BY ROBERT SMITH & MILES SHOWELL

#RECORDSTOREDAY - APRIL 22ND View attachment 167309

Bobby Smith must love picture discs

Usually there are one or two items on my list every year, but I’ve got nothing.
I feel like Show will be easily available for less than retail down the line.
I’m just bored with live, live, live, b-sides, remix, demos, blaaaaaaaah.
Especially with the prices.
Back when RSD started out vinyl was still relatively niche. 15+ years later Vinyl is super popular now and it doesn’t really serve the same purpose for consumers (it’s still a big day for local record stores though) used to be a place to find rare or out of print releases but nowadays those releases drop every week. So, now we get colored vinyl, b-sides, and live albums. We all just have to adjust our expectations. I am happy to go and buy a few things but there is less and less that I am excited about each year.

200.gif

I literally just pulled the trigger for an OG copy of this for $45 two days ago 😑 maybe the seller on Discogs knew something...

Thank you for your sacrifice

Back when RSD started out vinyl was still relatively niche. 15+ years later Vinyl is super popular now and it doesn’t really serve the same purpose for consumers (it’s still a big day for local record stores though) used to be a place to find rare or out of print releases but nowadays those releases drop every week. So, now we get colored vinyl, b-sides, and live albums. We all just have to adjust our expectations. I am happy to go and buy a few things but there is less and less that I am excited about each year.

At this point(the last 5 years or so), I have zero expectations going in. I’d much rather have quality over quantity. I just think RSD needs to freshen things up. Although if sales are better every year, that’s probably not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind getting one or two of those Soul Jazz comps...
Just get all five! But really, that 200% dynamite collection is 🔥. If you’re into reggae/dub/rocksteady, et. get that one for sure. Plus it looks like there’s some new tracks on it including Sister Nancy’s One, Two. The Ska and New York Noise are also a seminal collections. I think I actually have all three of those collections already. I’ve never heard anything the other two but they look great too.

Just get all five! But really, that 200% dynamite collection is 🔥. If you’re into reggae/dub/rocksteady, et. get that one for sure. Plus it looks like there’s some new tracks on it including Sister Nancy’s One, Two. The Ska and New York Noise are also a seminal collections. I think I actually have all three of those collections already. I’ve never heard anything the other two but they look great too.
Was just streaming New York Noise as I was shoveling snow tonight. Needless to say, that one's at the top of the list now.

SHOW - 30th ANNIVERSARY 2LP RELEASE FOR Record Store Day

THE CURE IN CONCERT - FIRST TIME ON PICTURE DISC

RECORDED LIVE AT THE PALACE, AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN USA

REMASTERED BY ROBERT SMITH & MILES SHOWELL

#RECORDSTOREDAY - APRIL 22ND View attachment 167309

The remastering Details give me hope that the picture disc will not be the only version of this

Back