Record Store Day 2023

I'm curious how limited that grateful dead boston 5/7/77 is going to be, if it goes nuts like cornell 5/8/77 did
It's listed as a release of 9,000.

my current list:

yes but i will probably wait unless i find a great deal on them:
tricky - pre millenium tension
studio one ska
ska la rama
brazil 45 boxset by mike d
future sound of london - life in moments
grateful dead 5/7/77

definitely waiting because screw that:
jah wobble redux
cure - show
tori amos b sides
prefab sprout steve mcqueen

I audibly gasped at PM Dawn but I already own an original press. Still, it makes me hopeful they might get around to releasing more of their records on vinyl.
This is the one thing on that list where I exclaimed "fuckin' sweet!" out loud. Such great music. Can live without the rest but I MUST have this.

And agree the first album is also near perfect.

This is the one thing on that list where I exclaimed "fuckin' sweet!" out loud. Such great music. Can live without the rest but I MUST have this.

And agree the first album is also near perfect.

The first PM Dawn album might be my favorite album of all time. It's at least my most played. I wish more people knew how good they were.

First impressions

Tier 1: What I'm after, but would only be really sad if I missed the first two

Soul Asylum - Unplugged
Jerry Garcia Band - How Sweet It Is
Sigur Ros - Kveikur
Porcupine Tree - IA/DW/XT
Pearl Jam - Give Way
Our Lady Peace - Collected

Tier 2: Because I probably don't need any of these

Taylor Swift - folklore: the long pond studio sessions
Scott Weiland - 12 Bar Blues
Travis - The Invisible Band: Live
Son Volt - Day of the Doug
Gong - Live
Tori Amos - B Sides

Tier 3: Because I'll probably be able to get them after

The Verve Pipe - Villains
Poe - Hello
Medeski, Martin & Wood - It's A Jungle In Here
Kittie - Until the End
Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts: Live
Frankie and the Witch Fingers - ZAM
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Live at Levitation
That MMW is limited to 2500, so might not be real easy to find. but it is a RSD First, so it'll pop up later on probably in regular black vinyl.

Nice little analysis from one of the newer local stores in Portland. Enjoyed his shop and super friendly.

Here is my long list...must haves in bold
The Cure - Show (picture disc)
Duran Duran - Carnival Rio!
Orville Peck - Bronco
Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires - The Sound Emporium EP
P.M. Dawn -The Bliss Album...? (Vibrations of Love and Anger and the Ponderance of Life and Existence)

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
Amanda Shires - Live at Columbia Studio A
Taylor Swift - folklore: the long pond studio sessions

pretty sure this dude posted on here at one time, definitely was an aggressive self-promoter.

I have an old message from him in my inbox that I saw when looking for an address the other day. Don't remember what it said - I didn't read it - but...

Oh wait... I remember the incident. It's probably in regards to how he did a vinyl release campaign and promoted it in both text and video as being limited to "only 100 copies," but it wasn't. Then he told me that everyone should know that was the minimum amount of copies to get it pressed for the campaign. My comment was that it was misleading - which is being generous, because it was literally a false statement - and suggested he might want to clarify that on the page of the campaign if he "misspoke" because it clearly stated the opposite and, based on numerous responses from others, it seemed obvious no one was interpreting it that way. He just got increasingly more defensive and condescending, while never really changing it. Then he messaged me.

He posted something else in the hip hop thread that got a bad reaction too.

I'm not trying to knock anyone's hustle, unless it requires hustling me. The sort of stuff he does just isn't for me on any level and I'd wager he doesn't have the greatest opinion of the forum at this point, either. That said, it wouldn't have surprised me to see him pop up in here to post this video himself, if Matt hadn't already done it. He appears like Candyman from time to time.

I have to say that referring to your label as TMR always felt like a pretty bold move.

Last edited:
Back