Record Store Day 2023

I mentioned this in the jazz thread but it seems the UKRSD Ben Webster snuck over to the US in some capacity. I’m a sucker for Webster but it’s a real nice treat.

I'm sold.

I'm sold.
Kinda spaced I didn’t put the pitch in here. I think after a full play through, my only complaint would be the drums are a little much, but given it was a 70s live recording not necessarily meant for distribution it’s pretty stellar. Clear audio and spacing, crowd adds a ton, Ben and Tete go on some great runs.

VMP apparently had a small run of this but it’s a rather nice surprise for $30 or so in the import range that went way under the radar

Yesterday my local store posted on Facebook/Insta that a box of Taylor Swift RSD albums arrived on Monday. They posted a picture on social media and just said first come first serve. For those still looking, you might want to check with your local store in case this happens elsewhere. I think it only applied to Taylor Swift records and they didn't get additional stock of anything else.

Someone posted on Cogs Dead box, their local reported they couldn't press all 9k by RSD.
More are coming later.

Might grab this one if it's not stupid pricing and this story pans out.
Yeah, I talked my local said they said the Dead Box was still available from their distributor and had ordered more so this seems to be a legit story. Who knows how many will end up at record stores or when they will arrive but my bet is store like @Plaid Room / Colemine will end up with some when the do drop.

Back