Record Store Day 2023

Last edited:
Ordered the Amanda Shires EP through Good Records in Dallas. Not sure how many they might have left, but wanted to mention it for those that were looking for it.
This is what is kind of nuts at the moment. Nowhere did I expect Amanda Shires to be even close to a title that would be hard to come by. I feel like people are buying up everything hoping they can sell it for a profit and if they don’t unload it real soon they’ll be giving it away 6 months from now. Obviously not the case with all titles.

This is what is kind of nuts at the moment. Nowhere did I expect Amanda Shires to be even close to a title that would be hard to come by. I feel like people are buying up everything hoping they can sell it for a profit and if they don’t unload it real soon they’ll be giving it away 6 months from now. Obviously not the case with all titles.

Agreed. That print run for an artist like Shires would’ve been around for sales six months from now in other years. It’s a great EP so good for her and the people listening to it, but a surprise for sure.

Agreed. That print run for an artist like Shires would’ve been around for sales six months from now in other years. It’s a great EP so good for her and the people listening to it, but a surprise for sure.
I was surprised that Waterloo had several copies of the Jason Isbell/Amanda Shires split, but none of the Amanda Shires. Maybe people are thinking that, because they were the RSD Ambassadors that they better grab it? I dunno. I had to look at 4 other stores online before I remembered to check Good Records' site.

Shires and Isbell have a strong following and benefitted from being RSD Ambassadors. Jason appears on her release and they are both on "Sound Emporium."
Along these lines, I am surprised that A Flock of Segulls' "Rare Birds" and The Donnas "Early Singles" cannot be located online other than eBay and Discogs, not for a reasonable price. Anyone looking for the Donnas, consolation prize is Real Gone has it on CD on their site.

One pleasant surprise was a Fall 1977 live LP (UK/EU RSD) from Cherry Red that popped up stateside today in some stores. Was hoping one of the Adverts live EU RSD release would also appear.

gi-416_02.jpg

I think you meant to post this in the pre-order goodness thread ;)

how's the Yusef? I wanna get it but ARC also said it would be on bandcamp in May so not really sure if it will be an exclusive or if I can wait until I go to the UK in May to grab a copy...
It's very good. Excellent. Not the greatest Lateef - his Atlantic stuff, with the exception of Complete Yusef Lateef, tends to suffer from over-production typical of Joel Dorn. But a very good record nonetheless.

I guess the store could give you a refund but you'd be out of the record. What's the label? Maybe someone here has contacted them before?
For the most part (a few labels might be exceptions), there is no replacement for RSD titles. They press, they ship, they sell, they keep no stock obviously. It's RSD. It is what it is.

Back