Record Store Day 2022

I would love to blow this one off, but Lust in Phaze is an absolutely must-have. Hoping enough copies make it through the weekend for me to snag it.

It has a run of 5000. Thinking that seems high enough that it shouldn't be hard to pick up.

It's also an RSD First so it should be getting a wider release next year, in theory.

is that Todd Rundgren release just the album itself spread over 4LPs or will there be extra songs & stuff on it?

Otherwise, the only record that interests me is the Jefferson Airplane live album. Dawn FM & Happier Than Ever would be cool to get if I didn’t already have them.

Still digging but these are maybes:
  • Bing Crosby/David Bowie ~ Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy
  • Dream Widow ~ Dream Widow
  • Dee Snider and Lzzy Hale ~ The Magic of Christmas Day
  • Jefferson Airplane ~ Live at The Monterey International Pop Festival
  • Smash Mouth ~ Fush Yu Mang
  • Goldfinger ~ Hello Destiny
  • The Weeknd ~ Dawn FM
  • The Cure ~ Wish
  • Lights ~ Siberia Acoustic

Y’all know what I like by now, let me know if I’m missing anything cool or if I should try something different this time around!

Obviously I’m not looking to spend that much this time around I may just grab the two Christmas ones and Jefferson and call it day idk

Last edited:
I could see myself getting the alternate FM CD set. I used to have the s/t on vinyl but there was hardly a compelling reason for me to put it on over the actual album. Extras like that tend to have a waning interest for me, unless I'm a completionist for the artist and then it stops being about the music so much as it is for some sort of Sisyphean task. This would fit neatly in the CD niche for me.

Edit: Also checking what is in the box made me think of Tango in the Night, which in turn made me think of the music vid for Little Lies. I was like, "Self [that's how I begin all inner dialogues], isn't that the music vid in the barn with fading memories?" So I watched it. Killer song. It seems like the narrative of latter day FM focuses on Buckingham-Nicks but C. McVie gets it in!

Last edited:
Still digging but these are maybes:
  • Bing Crosby/David Bowie ~ Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy
  • Dream Widow ~ Dream Widow
  • Dee Snider and Lzzy Hale ~ The Magic of Christmas Day
  • Jefferson Airplane ~ Live at The Monterey International Pop Festival
  • Smash Mouth ~ Fush Yu Mang
  • Goldfinger ~ Hello Destiny
  • The Weeknd ~ Dawn FM
  • The Cure ~ Wish
  • Lights ~ Siberia Acoustic

Y’all know what I like by now, let me know if I’m missing anything cool or if I should try something different this time around!

Obviously I’m not looking to spend that much this time around I may just grab the two Christmas ones and Jefferson and call it day idk

Too late now. You’ve already posted your list and are now bound by N&G law.

Oh I somehow went two weeks without noticing the Black Friday RSD list dropped.

Like many others, Shabaka and TVZ are solidly on my "maybe" pile.

The one that really caught my attention was a new reissue of Stark Reality Discover Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop. It was originally a 2LP but Now-Again did a 3-LP reissue a few years ago... but the pressing was meh, they inexplicably changed the track order, and the three records were stuffed in a single jacket.

I was trying to find details on the new RSD reissue and while it's back to two records instead of three, it looks like they're giving it some much-deserved TLC:

For RSD Black Friday, Now-Again Records, who has kept the Stark Reality’s music in print since 2002, presents the definitive reissue of The Stark Reality’s Discovers The Hoagy Carmichael’s Music Shop. Lacquered by Bernie Grundman in an all-analog transfer directly from the master tapes maintained by the Stark Reality’s photographer Jim Bourne, it’s presented in a replica gatefold sleeve, and contains an extensive, oversized page booklet with rare photos, liner notes and annotation.

It's probably pressed at Gz but as someone who's wanted this album on vinyl for over 15 years, this may finally be the one I pull the trigger on.

Edit: It should be noted my wife absolutely despises Stark Reality and I may risk divorce if I bring such a cursed record into our household. It's a risk I'm willing to take. :devilish:

Back