Record Store Day 2022

So, I'm pretty much speechless. I've been going through some health issues for the past few months - missed RSD in April due to surgery the day before, but was hoping to make it to today's drop. Unfortunately, it seems I may have some type of autoimmune thing going on, which is causing chronic pain, that prevented me from queuing early at my local.

Messaged the owner last night, asking how many copies of Sweet Relief they got in, and said I might try to come in if I felt up to it. This am, I did not feel up to it (mornings are pretty much the worst) so I was resigned to the fact that I wasn't getting a copy.

About 2 hours ago, I got a message from the owner who bought a copy of it for me, on the house, set it aside behind the counter for when I can come pick it up, and if I'm not feeling up to driving the 30 mins there, he'll ship it to me. I cried. Shop independent stores - the relationships you forge are so worth it.
They really can be the best. Glad you were able to get it!

So, I'm pretty much speechless. I've been going through some health issues for the past few months - missed RSD in April due to surgery the day before, but was hoping to make it to today's drop. Unfortunately, it seems I may have some type of autoimmune thing going on, which is causing chronic pain, that prevented me from queuing early at my local.

Messaged the owner last night, asking how many copies of Sweet Relief they got in, and said I might try to come in if I felt up to it. This am, I did not feel up to it (mornings are pretty much the worst) so I was resigned to the fact that I wasn't getting a copy.

About 2 hours ago, I got a message from the owner who bought a copy of it for me, on the house, set it aside behind the counter for when I can come pick it up, and if I'm not feeling up to driving the 30 mins there, he'll ship it to me. I cried. Shop independent stores - the relationships you forge are so worth it.
That’s so awesome of your store! If they do any kind of online business, please let me know what their site is! I’d love to buy an album or two from them to support them. I love stores like that.

Can anyone who got The Gold Experience comment on the sound? I found out that the European version was pressed at Pallas, the US at GZ.
Spinning right now. Just got through first LP. My copy is dead silent without any channel distortion and is flat as a pancake. They did a good job on the reproduction. It looks identical to the original promo version.

GZ is perfectly capable of putting out good pressings. Tons of them in my collection. QC isn't their strong suit though.

That’s so awesome of your store! If they do any kind of online business, please let me know what their site is! I’d love to buy an album or two from them to support them. I love stores like that.
It's Princeton Record Exchange. They don't do a lot of online sales, started during the height of covid on discogs, but most of it is in store. Everyone there is so great. I'm so lucky to have them nearby.

It's Princeton Record Exchange. They don't do a lot of online sales, started during the height of covid on discogs, but most of it is in store. Everyone there is so great. I'm so lucky to have them nearby.

Oh damn, I just clicked through to their Discogs page and the first thing listed is a copy of Solange's True EP. Too rich for my blood, sadly - but I'll take that as yet another good sign about this place!

My local reports a good lineup this morning at the main store in the burbs, quieter at the two smaller satellites in the city. Nothing essential for me this time so far.

I’ve been meaning to make a trip there soon. Always wanted to go! Hear nothing but awesome things about them.

Oh damn, I just clicked through to their Discogs page and the first thing listed is a copy of Solange's True EP. Too rich for my blood, sadly - but I'll take that as yet another good sign about this place!
Have to say that their prices for rare items are usually under market value. I've picked up some great rarities there and the prices have always been more than fair.

Great to read your local store helped you out! I hope you'll have a better day tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after,...

Their used, new arrivals bins can be great, if you get in there before the weekend crowds. Sadly, my work doesn't take me by there any more.

If anybody sees Royal Tenenbaums go online could you send me a PM so I get an email notification? Another local store got at least 10 copies in but they sold out already.
if you can't find one, i can try to swing by newbury comics early this week. they had about 10 copies left when i left early this afternoon. the place was dead...

If anybody sees Royal Tenenbaums go online could you send me a PM so I get an email notification? Another local store got at least 10 copies in but they sold out already.
Plaid Room has more than 20
In stock. I'd check this link again late tonight to see of it still says that

I'm hoping their stock is accurate....the two albums I want haven't changed stock all day...

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that.

Back