Record Store Day 2022

I saw a few at the second stop, it was $89.99 ($10 more than the first store). Guessing there should be a few around.

My buddy picked up the last copy at our local for me!
$99.99 of our dollars - which is fantastic because I was hoping for under $125, not expecting (just) under $100.

Now I just need to wait for online sales to start so I can grab Prince and I'll be back to trying not to buy records for another month and a half!

My buddy picked up the last copy at our local for me!
$99.99 of our dollars - which is fantastic because I was hoping for under $125, not expecting (just) under $100.

Now I just need to wait for online sales to start so I can grab Prince and I'll be back to trying not to buy records for another month and a half!
Yeah, I've been going a bit too much lately and need to take a breather. Good luck and nice find!

Spinning right now. Just got through first LP. My copy is dead silent without any channel distortion and is flat as a pancake. They did a good job on the reproduction. It looks identical to the original promo version.

GZ is perfectly capable of putting out good pressings. Tons of them in my collection. QC isn't their strong suit though.
Yup - I saw the Pallas vs MRP/GZ diffs between US & EU in the Discogs entries and my butthole tightened a lil bit. But I also saw prelim reviews were good for the U.S. I'm on side B right now and it's great. Not even inter track or run in/out surface noise to account for. Real clean pressing.

Edit: I'd also like to make a note, as I understand words can be ambiguous. Mentioning that my butthole tightened a lil bit was a non sequitur to finding out that GZ had a hand in the pressing. Buttholes be like that sometimes.

Last edited:
Yup - I saw the Pallas vs MRP/GZ diffs between US & EU in the Discogs entries and my butthole tightened a lil bit. But I also prelim reviews were good for the U.S. I'm on side B right now and it's great. Not even inter track or run in/out surface noise to account for. Real clean pressing.

This is great to hear. Although I may wind up with an EU copy anyhow as often it's cheaper to ship here from there than from the US - but it's nice to know both are solid options!

If anybody sees Royal Tenenbaums go online could you send me a PM so I get an email notification? Another local store got at least 10 copies in but they sold out already.
Oof, sorry I missed this. My "local" (30 minutes away) had about 10 of these on the shelf at 2 PM today and would have nabbed one for you had I known. Wouldn't be surprised if they still had some tomorrow. They charge a premium, though...

Scotti's Record Shop in Summit, NJ, if there are other locals around.

Yup - I saw the Pallas vs MRP/GZ diffs between US & EU in the Discogs entries and my butthole tightened a lil bit. But I also saw prelim reviews were good for the U.S. I'm on side B right now and it's great. Not even inter track or run in/out surface noise to account for. Real clean pressing.

Edit: I'd also like to make a note, as I understand words can be ambiguous. Mentioning that my butthole tightened a lil bit was a non sequitur to finding out that GZ had a hand in the pressing. Buttholes be like that sometimes.
I’m thrilled to see that the US pressing is getting great reviews! I’ll be online tomorrow buying!

@snoops

These just started going up

If anybody happens to see a copy of Sweet Relief available somewhere, please let me know ❤️
This might go live soon…they just started putting links live:

These just started going up
Grabbed Gold Experience and Miles Davis. Thanks!

@snoops
You are a saint. Just got back from taking my Dad out for Father's Day. Snagged one of the last 2 in stock. I get to sleep in now. Thx buddy!

@snoops
You are a saint. Just got back from taking my Dad out for Father's Day. Snagged one of the last 2 in stock. I get to sleep in now. Thx buddy!
Anyone else looking, Rappcats has it on their site too.

This might go live soon…they just started putting links live:

got one at Yellow Dog

got one at Yellow Dog
I like yellow dog. From what I remember their shipping is expensive but their RSD items are often way cheaper than other places.

Back