Record Store Day 2022

I'm now hoping that this rsd has nothing I want because this confirms it'll be a shit show.

I'm now hoping that this rsd has nothing I want because this confirms it'll be a shit show.

Does the Ambassador really matter that much? I feel like the last two each had a unique release but not much else for the usual experience.

Now, an exclusive Swift release is going to be a nightmare to obtain in this environment but that could be a different problem.
That's the issue more so. In the article it confirmed she'll have an rsd exclusive release.

Yeah, probably all depends on pressing number. Her albums have been easy to find on the Taylor's Version Front so hoping for a pressing count of 20k+ seems reasonable , but yeah this could range anywhere from a minor uptick to an absolute nightmare depending on what the release is.

With that said, great choice for RSD.

Bleak.

That's the issue more so. In the article it confirmed she'll have an rsd exclusive release.
Bring on the Swiftees. I am not good at much but two things I can handle with ease is getting up early and waiting in lines. If the flood of Swift fans deter people from purchasing the stuff I want then I support this. TBH, with 2020/2021 I haven’t been as diligent at getting in line early but have still managed get everything on my list, either later in the day at my local or online.

If Taylor wants to embrace heavy stock cardboard/tip-on jackets with 200g vinyl pressings at Pallas, I wouldn’t be upset.

Like we joke, but her releases since she moved away from the big machine (sorry!) have been really solid overall in terms of the overall package and production values (not Pallas but RKS on a lacquer cut, Sterling mastering for some, etc.) for mass release pop albums. Like, I love all three of the last ambassadors, but purely in terms of production value and product quality, I was more impressed by the Evermore/Folklore/Taylor's Version than the relatively barebone RSD items for Brandi and Fred or even some of Brandi's more recent stuff (though both Brandi and Taylor both sounded good in their pressings recently). If more general releases were as rock solid as Taylor's more recent releases we'd probably al be happier. I find the generally negative feeling on it interesting given this is an artist who has had a lot of RSD releases in her history, a proven record of supporting locals, etc. Her fans are very active folks so if you don't want to deal with that spike in crowds I 100% get it.

Oh god, if RSD lines weren't bad enough now you're gonna have to deal with the swifites. I can practically hear them lining up right now. No thanks.

Y’all I came on here because I was excited for the news. I just had my trip postponed due to snow and I wanted to come celebrate on here with the vinyl people because I’ve been so busy planning for that trip I wanted to apologize…

Now I know why I stayed away..
I think she's a great ambassador! I'll celebrate witcha!

Back