Just give me ….

Counting Crows-This Desert Life
Radiohead -Com Lag
Eagle Eye Cherry-Desireless
Matisyahu-live at Stubbs
Verve Pipe-Villians
Daniel Norgren-Horrifying Deatheating Bloodspider
Whitest Boy Alive-Dreams
Aren’t most of the crows tapes destroyed? Thought that was part of why some of their albums haven’t had good reissues since the OG pressings…I’d go for a nice repress of This Desert Life though.

If we're making wishlists, my number one request for at least the past decade: Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock.

No idea why this album seems to be immune to the vinyl revival - maybe a sample issue or something? Either way, it's way past due.
Absolutely needs it. A glaring hole in my collection!

I have never been right on these so you can rule some of the below out, but here's some 10th anniversary ideas that haven't really come up elsewhere that feel like a decent fit for this kind of deal. My gut tells me we're going to get a lot of live albums/recordings both from 2021 and before, a lot of classics, and not a ton of new/fresh stuff with the delays.

Various ‎– Les Misérables (Highlights From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

The arguments for this are pretty good. RSD has been pretty heavy on in-demand movie soundtracks for the last few runs, it is coming up on its 10th film anniversary and it has never been pressed as far as I can see. Given the sheer amount of money the film made and the bit of difficulty in finding other Les Mis OSTs, this feels like it would do pretty well

Various - Perks of Being a Wallflower OST

This has all the markings of an RSD release. Obscene secondary market prices with a nostalgic fanbase who wants it out there for a cult film that's grown over time.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss

I think she'd do more of a webstore deal and the rights to this seem to be super iffy, but a 10th anniversary of Call Me Maybe, with how she handled Emotion's 5 year, feels like a great fit.

Gotye - Making Mirrors

Speaking of obscenely overpriced limited releases that had a HUGE hit ten years ago, this feels like the kind of album that would make a small subsection of folks really, really ahppy.

Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream

This one isn't as hard to find as the above two but it's one of the best albums of that year and hasn't seen much in terms of a repress since its initial release.
I’d love that Gotye.

Right? It’s the best thing a member of Weezer has reIeased since Pinkerton. I don’t believe it has ever been released on vinyl. Neither has The Features.
When The Rentals record came out, they toured San Diego, played atThe Casbah. My buddy was a music writer, so we got in. I hadn’t heard any of their music at that time, but I just loved the show. And if I recall correctly, I do believe Maya Rudolph was part of the band. Regardless, one of my favorite shows ever.

When The Rentals record came out, they toured San Diego, played atThe Casbah. My buddy was a music writer, so we got in. I hadn’t heard any of their music at that time, but I just loved the show. And if I recall correctly, I do believe Maya Rudolph was part of the band. Regardless, one of my favorite shows ever.
Yup! Maya was a Friend of P.

Long list, but I’ll take them all:

The Wrens - The Meadowlands
Dave Rawlings Machine - A Friend Of A Friend
Aimee Mann - I’m With Stupid
Guided By Voices - Earthquake Glue
The Soft Boys - Underwater Moonlight
Ride - Nowhere
Harvey Danger - King James Version
Crooked Fingers - Dignity and Shame
Maxwell - MTV Unplugged
Lemonheads - Car Button Cloth
Brad - Interiors
The Long Winters - When I Pretend To Fall
Cotton Mather - Kontiki
Miracle Legion - Surprise Surprise
Califone - Roots & Crowns
Jim O’Rourke - Insignificance
Phantom Planet - Phantom Planet Is Missing
Lightspeed Champion - Falling Off The Lavender Bridge
The Wallflowers - (Breach)
Sebadoh - The Sebadoh
John Vanderslice - Pixel Revolt

Last edited:

Ride - Nowhere
Maxwell - MTV Unplugged
Brad - Interiors
Cotton Mather - Kontiki
Sebadoh - The Sebadoh
Yeah, Kontiki is the one record I want more than any other. The Brad records, Ride and The Long Winters I'd love to have too

Right? It’s the best thing a member of Weezer has reIeased since Pinkerton. I don’t believe it has ever been released on vinyl. Neither has The Features.
I believe the rentals re-issue was scrapped a few years ago. Matt was going to do it, even did the lay out for the jacket, but they could not locate the original tapes, and decided not to go with a digital transfer (this was I believe 2/3 years ago?).

Ride - Nowhere
Maxwell - MTV Unplugged
Brad - Interiors
Cotton Mather - Kontiki
Sebadoh - The Sebadoh
This list is fantastic! Drag City will eventually repress Insignificance and Matador will reissue all their GBV albums eventually and if Craft keeps up with the Wrens reissues we should get Meadowlands reissue for 2023 RSD Black Friday; Though I kinda hope that Maybe Sub Pop handles the reissue instead as Crafts reissues haven’t been all that impressive.

Back