RECORD STORE DAY 2022 - Those of us who can't make it and hoping for...

wow. you must have no trouble making friends. no entitlement - i created this thread to help us all; which for the most part it did. thanks for stirring up the positivity fam.

Not ironic. Looks like you were only active in your own thread early Saturday for about ten minutes. One of two posts was about your entitlement to a limited release for starting a thread intending to help all locate limited releases.

Anyway, I posted about Newbury having Jazz Dispensary available when everything went live on Sunday. It was there for a decent amount of time. I might be mistaken, but I think others posted links. It's a bummer you weren't around for that.

I shot a heads up to a couple folks who I know were looking for stuff specifically on here but then forgot to post here for everyone. SMH. My bad all.

Tricky site, but they have a good variety of RSD Leftovers. In each item you have to click the "Brand New" button to be able to add to cart, but the selection is pretty darn strong as are prices. I can't vouch specifically for them but given where we're at overall, their selection looks good.

(No Sara B., sorry. But the first time in a while I've seen Wallows, Kauai, Nick Cave, etc.)

wow. you must have no trouble making friends. no entitlement - i created this thread to help us all; which for the most part it did. thanks for stirring up the positivity fam.

Actually, you're tripping and/or seem to have a severe lack of self awareness, right now. If your intention is not to come across like @Hhabelt mentioned, you might want to consider adjusting.

Every single RSD, somebody starts a thread for people in need or looking. NEVER have I seen a single one of the people who started it continue to mention how they were the ones who started it, let alone how they believe that being the one who started that should entitle them to first dibs, which you literally did, regarding the Jazz Dispensery; or touting how their selfless gesture has helped so many. The only reason someone else didn't start one of these threads, this time, is because this one existed first.

Did you expect everyone in this thread to go lay their money out and go shopping for your list, because you were at work? I, personally, do DM people when I come across something, but a lot of folks are looking for things. If you are, admittedly, unavailable, it seems pointless to let high demand items sell out to people not on the forum, because you have dibs in some option to buy, but aren't around to do it.

There are a number of reasons people can't get releases, from them living in an area with little to no shops, the titles they want were sold out or never stocked near them, or they simply can't get out that day. That said, they still need to be available when someone finds what they are looking for, or they miss out.

In the past, I've picked things up for people who wound up not even needing them. Some folks have been incredibly generous to lay out money for others, but it should be appreciated and not expected.

Obviously, I have no dog in this fight, but @Hhabelt isn't wrong; I just checked the history to confirm it, so I don't feel like leaving him out here to look like some negative figure with zero support. Also, typing "aloha" at the end of your posts doesn't reframe your sentiments or approach as generating positivity, anymore than typing "no offense" before a statement renders it inoffensive.

Good luck finding what you want, but passive aggression, martyrdom, victimizatiom, and guilt doesn't only fall dead, but is easy to spot for those of us who grew up with bitter Jewish matriarchs in our families. Plus.. just to remind everyone, these are just fucking records.

That said, I am consistently overwhelmed with the outpouring of positivity and efforts that this community does extend to eachother, for the most part, which is especially highlighted every RSD.

@Hhabelt I will be your friend
@Benhawaii you buggin'

I know this is probably not going to happen but anyone know any stores /sites in USA selling art pepper?

I know haha I’m probably out of luck… but any help would be awesome! Thanks everyone!

There were tons over the weekend. If I see one I'll let you know though!
That would be great! I also have a few things to trade (did a forced exposure order ages ago and ended up getting doubles) so if anyone is interested these are sealed and ready to trade. Can provide my Discogs account for reference !

John Zorn, Andrea Centazzo, Eugene Chadbourne, Tom Cora, Toshinori Kondo, Polly Bradfield - Environment For Sextet

Loren Mazzacane Connors - Unaccompanied Acoustic Guitar Improvisations Vol. 2

Mako Sica / Hamid Drake Featuring Tatsu Aoki & Thymme Jones - Ourania

Harry Pussy - SUPERSTAR

I know this is probably not going to happen but anyone know any stores /sites in USA selling art pepper?

I know haha I’m probably out of luck… but any help would be awesome! Thanks everyone!
I was at a store yesterday that had maybe half a dozen still available. Unfortunately, I won't have time to get back down there until tomorrow. Not sure if they do mail order, but if you want to give them a call, it was Everyday Music in Portland (W. Burnside location).

I was at a store yesterday that had maybe half a dozen still available. Unfortunately, I won't have time to get back down there until tomorrow. Not sure if they do mail order, but if you want to give them a call, it was Everyday Music in Portland (W. Burnside location).
Will let you know if I find anything. Doesn’t look like they do mail order. But DM. Me if you go (I will post here to if someone else can help)

Thanks so much!

Actually, you're tripping and/or seem to have a severe lack of self awareness, right now. If your intention is not to come across like @Hhabelt mentioned, you might want to consider adjusting.

Every single RSD, somebody starts a thread for people in need or looking. NEVER have I seen a single one of the people who started it continue to mention how they were the ones who started it, let alone how they believe that being the one who started that should entitle them to first dibs, which you literally did, regarding the Jazz Dispensery; or touting how their selfless gesture has helped so many. The only reason someone else didn't start one of these threads, this time, is because this one existed first.

Did you expect everyone in this thread to go lay their money out and go shopping for your list, because you were at work? I, personally, do DM people when I come across something, but a lot of folks are looking for things. If you are, admittedly, unavailable, it seems pointless to let high demand items sell out to people not on the forum, because you have dibs in some option to buy, but aren't around to do it.

There are a number of reasons people can't get releases, from them living in an area with little to no shops, the titles they want were sold out or never stocked near them, or they simply can't get out that day. That said, they still need to be available when someone finds what they are looking for, or they miss out.

In the past, I've picked things up for people who wound up not even needing them. Some folks have been incredibly generous to lay out money for others, but it should be appreciated and not expected.

Obviously, I have no dog in this fight, but @Hhabelt isn't wrong; I just checked the history to confirm it, so I don't feel like leaving him out here to look like some negative figure with zero support. Also, typing "aloha" at the end of your posts doesn't reframe your sentiments or approach as generating positivity, anymore than typing "no offense" before a statement renders it inoffensive.

Good luck finding what you want, but passive aggression, martyrdom, victimizatiom, and guilt doesn't only fall dead, but is easy to spot for those of us who grew up with bitter Jewish matriarchs in our families. Plus.. just to remind everyone, these are just fucking records.

That said, I am consistently overwhelmed with the outpouring of positivity and efforts that this community does extend to eachother, for the most part, which is especially highlighted every RSD.

@Hhabelt I will be your friend
@Benhawaii you buggin'

Thanks @Dead C . I appreciate you.

yeah, but by the time om done with work this weekend i didnt get jack shit on my list. ironic that the guy who started this thread didn't get anything lol. glad it worked for most of yall though...

This appears to be available still, if you didn't get it above. Great store to support.

Look, I know there can be some big feelings around this time of year.

Here's my suggestion: go get a taco. Make a taco, buy a taco, have a taco delivered.

You'll feel better about life. Because life? One of the few things that matters is tacos. 🌮 🌮

Here's my suggestion: go get a taco. Make a taco, buy a taco, have a taco delivered.

You'll feel better about life. Because life? One of the few things that matters is tacos. 🌮 🌮
Mmm, tacos.

But if we have tacos today what will we have for Taco Tuesday?

Back