Record Store Day 2021

Just checked the Steve Hoffman forums and here’s the latest rumors! Keep in mind it’s rumors and no more info is out at this moment.

War Box Set, Bill Evans set, Aretha Live, Grateful Dead Olympia 72, Randy Newman Box, Tom Petty Alternatives LP, John Prine Live Set, Steely Dan, and The Alarm.

The list is rumored to drop April 5, my Birthday.

Just checked the Steve Hoffman forums and here’s the latest rumors! Keep in mind it’s rumors and no more info is out at this moment.

War Box Set, Bill Evans set, Aretha Live, Grateful Dead Olympia 72, Randy Newman Box, Tom Petty Alternatives LP, John Prine Live Set, Steely Dan, and The Alarm.

At this point a Bill Evans set is not surprising at all, theres been one every year for a while now. Resonance Records usually releases at least 1 live recording (there was 5 last year) and they work with the Bill Evan's estate so could be another.

At this point a Bill Evans set is not surprising at all, theres been one every year for a while now. Resonance Records usually releases at least 1 live recording (there was 5 last year) and they work with the Bill Evan's estate so could be another.
I always wonder if they are worth it for a newbie to his work as I always look at it with interest and end up on other things. Maybe I should make effort this next time if there is a really good Jazz one to get it now that I have my good headphones.

I always wonder if they are worth it for a newbie to his work as I always look at it with interest and end up on other things. Maybe I should make effort this next time if there is a really good Jazz one to get it now that I have my good headphones.
I would definitely start with his well-known albums first (Sunday At The Village Vanguard, Everybody Digs Bill Evans, Waltz For Debby, etc) before moving on to the live historic releases. With that being said, the Resonance releases are especially good and offer a snapshot to the time period as much as anything. The accompanying booklets offer up a ton of info and photos as well which is a nice bonus!

Just wandered over there myself to have a look, and am definitely stoked by the prospect of Prince's "The Truth" as an RSD release - which tracks with the likely reissue of Crystal Ball at some point this year. Definitely hope this one's more solid than just a rumour!

I would definitely start with his well-known albums first (Sunday At The Village Vanguard, Everybody Digs Bill Evans, Waltz For Debby, etc) before moving on to the live historic releases. With that being said, the Resonance releases are especially good and offer a snapshot to the time period as much as anything. The accompanying booklets offer up a ton of info and photos as well which is a nice bonus!
See that's the stuff I like to collect!

I recall reading a year or so ago that Modern Harmonic was working on a physical release of Sun Ra's Haverford College 1980, Solo Piano. I wouldn't be surprised if that showed up on one of this year's lists.

Back