Record Store Day 2021

I’d be interested in your thoughts on Big Mama. That was a hard one to not pick up.
Through side A, it’s definitely been cleaned up. Even though I favor the dirtier blues recordings, it’s not digitally polished to death. The vox feels a little tight and hot in spots but that could have been the mic not the cleanup. The version of “Ball & Chain” is a keeper though. And the crowd banter is the sort of stuff I’d look for in a live blues set. Maybe not worth the premium price, but I don’t regret picking it up. It’s a solid representation of late-career Willie Mae.

Got Maxwell and John Legend.. plus Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Sons of Kemet and Tammi Terrell. Another Successful RSD for the books.
I'm interesting in knowing what you think of the Parker box. In reading this book last year, West Coast Jazz, I realize the historical importance of Bird's arrival and stay on the West Coast. But just not sure the audio quality justifies the price tag.

Last edited:
For those looking for the iron giant soundtrack, eBay has a few at only a $5 markup. Was worried when plaidroom was down to 5 in stock

Can anyone comment on how Life Aquatic sounds? Wasn’t going to go out but that’s the only one I’m remotely interested in. Might just wait and see if I can get it online for retail.

I'm curious to hear anyone's thoughts on the Miles Davis Live Evil release. I almost grabbed it but didn't see any details on it. There were a bunch so could probably still grab one this weekend if it got great reviews.
I’m curious about this as well. Have an older copy but it’s got some noise on it

Back