Record Store Day 2021

At first my eyes lit up at the Iron Giant…… then I was sad to see picture disc….
I’ve got the Mondo steel version, but there’s black versions and I think BAM did a color version not long ago that just sat on shelves. It’s not super hard to find if it’s one you’re looking for and you’re an IG dork like me.

I will still go, but this time I am going to just let my whim choose my one. Maybe if the spoon 7" isn't too much, but at the same time... I have a trip to plan for so.... minimal budget.

I have a feeling this Life Aquatic OST is gonna be hard to find. I fully expect it to sell quickly. Also, why the hell didn't they include the Sigur Ros track on the soundtrack? That is literally the climax of the film!

Side note:
First time I saw this film was back in 2004. I'd say it was well before Wes Anderson achieved his fame/reverence as a filmmaker. Anyways...I cannot recall why, but the college theater I went to in Madison, WI was showing this film in a small side room where they had a bunch of couches spread out. The film was projected on a small, white concrete wall. You could hear the projector and film whirring in the back of the room as the movie played. I sat on a couch in the middle of the room and watched the film. Probably the most Wes Anderson movie-going experience I could imagine, even though it was completely random.
Not only is it an RSD First, it’s on the Disney label and they love money. Expect lots of copies. There’s not even an amount listed.

Guess it goes to show how DUD this list is with how quiet this thread is now LOL
You aren't wrong! Definitely the smallest number of even mildly interesting releases for me. Might still make it out to support my hometown local, but won't be rushing to get my hands on anything specific.

You aren't wrong! Definitely the smallest number of even mildly interesting releases for me. Might still make it out to support my hometown local, but won't be rushing to get my hands on anything specific.
I’m still trying to decide what I really want outta the list. I gotta be up anyway to book Disney dining so I may as well line up.

I’m still trying to decide what I really want outta the list. I gotta be up anyway to book Disney dining so I may as well line up.

I'm personally glad for such a thin list as we are going through a particularly tight few months money wise to end the year around here. My only "must gets" are the Sons of Kemet 12" and the Sun Ra album and of the two I think the 12" is the only one I might have any urgency in acquiring as most often the Sun Ra stuff is easy enough to pick up later. It's also a first release so I could just pick up the black version a year or two down the line - but it is one of my most wanted Ra albums and I love purple, so it'd be nice to get this one.

I'm personally glad for such a thin list as we are going through a particularly tight few months money wise to end the year around here. My only "must gets" are the Sons of Kemet 12" and the Sun Ra album and of the two I think the 12" is the only one I might have any urgency in acquiring as most often the Sun Ra stuff is easy enough to pick up later. It's also a first release so I could just pick up the black version a year or two down the line - but it is one of my most wanted Ra albums and I love purple, so it'd be nice to get this one.
I have been toying with that one. My Jazz collection is a bit thin and I have been wanting to step out of the comfort zone and get more Jazz... I see a few releases that looks cool, but I was unable to get the quiet kenny so I feel like I may be jynxed XD

i am relieved they kept the original album cover for Omniverse, the RSD version of Astro Black from a few years back has a different album cover and it is so trash compared to the original

I have been toying with that one. My Jazz collection is a bit thin and I have been wanting to step out of the comfort zone and get more Jazz... I see a few releases that looks cool, but I was unable to get the quiet kenny so I feel like I may be jynxed XD

It's definitely one of the more accessible entries into the world of Sun Ra. One of a handful I'd recommend to the uninitiated.

i am relieved they kept the original album cover for Omniverse, the RSD version of Astro Black from a few years back has a different album cover and it is so trash compared to the original
It's still far better than a handful of the ORG covers, in my mind, but yeah... I feel you on this!

I don't like shopping on Black Friday in shops. I have done it, grudgingly. Fellow humans are not kind in most cases.

Back