Record Store Day 2021

The only thing I want is the Spoon 7” and we still don’t even know what it is!

I’ll get the U2 Gloria release but I expect that will be easy to find in store after BFRSD. I’m ecstatic that I don’t have to get up early on BF. I can actually enjoy my thanksgiving dinner with my family for the first time in years.

so the only thing I'm after this time is UK only Tricky - Blowback repress which seems to be available from hhv.de for about 52CAD shipped. never ordered from them before - how reliable are they and is there a good chance to get hit with duties?

so the only thing I'm after this time is UK only Tricky - Blowback repress which seems to be available from hhv.de for about 52CAD shipped. never ordered from them before - how reliable are they and is there a good chance to get hit with duties?

My wife got hit with duties on the only HHV order we ever did, but I think the whole shebang was over $200 so that likely upped our chances. A couple titles she ordered listed on Discogs as colour variants wound up just being the black version, but they were otherwise reliable.

swear to fucking god that fucking wish reissue that's been coming "real soon now, it's been done, no really i swear i pinky swear i really really really mean it this time" is going to be a fucking picture disc and i'm going to have to scream into a pillow so as not to kill robert smith with my psychic anger over the fucking business

They have been adding and removing things a lot. There is a Norah 3” and Clairo variant which I think are new.

I’m still in for Isbell and maybe the Clairo and Weird Al which looks quite fun.

They have been adding and removing things a lot.

Looks like Sun Ra's Omniverse has been taken off the RSD list, but the Modern Harmonic website still has it listed as "Available At Independent Stores" on the same date. Wonder what's up with that? I was going to wait until later to pick it up anyhow, due to my current fiscal reality so it's fine either way (and not super likely to shift much in pricing.)

Not seeing much to wet my whistle for this upcoming RSD. Maybe Live-Evil? I have an... OK 1970s copy I inherited from my late mother-in-law so an upgrade might be nice, but it's not really a favorite Miles release of mine either.

Either way it's a day for me to sleep in and either check for it later in the day or just wait for the price of it to drop $10-$15 on discogs a month later.

swear to fucking god that fucking wish reissue that's been coming "real soon now, it's been done, no really i swear i pinky swear i really really really mean it this time" is going to be a fucking picture disc and i'm going to have to scream into a pillow so as not to kill robert smith with my psychic anger over the fucking business
It’s a perfect day for letting go

Back