Record Store Day 2021

One local of mine reported it was one of the two they got the most of and we're up in the Northeast. I'm going to be surprised and sad if it's hard to find at that print run with these reports.
The only Isbell RSD release that was hard to find was Live From Welcome to 1979 but that was limited to 4000. I think anything that only has 3 or 4 thousand copies for someone like Isbell then it gets hard to find.

The only Isbell RSD release that was hard to find was Live From Welcome to 1979 but that was limited to 4000. I think anything that only has 3 or 4 thousand copies for someone like Isbell then it gets hard to find.

Agreed. Isbell is big but 12k should be safe for him, I'd be petrified at 3 or 4 given the songs he's covering and the artists he got may bring in people who may not otherwise buy the record.

Also, glad to see you mention the Lera Lynn release. That one is going to be tempting too, she's severely underrated.

Also...this is a fantastic sounding pressing! Love the concept of it being recorded live in the studio in one continuous take. Where you can here subtle stuff/chats between the song starts.

Agreed. Isbell is big but 12k should be safe for him, I'd be petrified at 3 or 4 given the songs he's covering and the artists he got may bring in people who may not otherwise buy the record.

Also, glad to see you mention the Lera Lynn release. That one is going to be tempting too, she's severely underrated.

She is doing an in store and signing at Vinyl Tap on Friday. I am going to try to go.

Has anywhere mentioned the quantity yet on these? It would be the only reason I'd go in early if it was really limited. Other than that I plan on Aerosmith and the Wrens which should be easy to find anywhere
No pressing number listed for Life Aquatic on the RSD PDF file. It is a "First release" though. So it'll be repressed later on. Whether it is worth getting up early and going after it, well... that is up to you. I plan on trying to snag a copy online from Plaidroom.

Super early output suggests that stores are getting good numbers of copies. I mentioned it on Isbell, but wannahearitrecords on IG (Massachusetts record store) indicated Isbell and Life Aquatic were his two most stocked arrivals, and Isbell was 12k. I doubt Aquatic is but it's a good omen at least.

Super early output suggests that stores are getting good numbers of copies. I mentioned it on Isbell, but wannahearitrecords on IG (Massachusetts record store) indicated Isbell and Life Aquatic were his two most stocked arrivals, and Isbell was 12k. I doubt Aquatic is but it's a good omen at least.

That is good to hear! Those are the only two "must haves" left on the list for me so i'm not sweating it too much as i'll just grab Aquatic later on if the worst case scenario happens and I can't get it online.

So I think it’s safe to assume the Kali Uchis release isn’t happening? It still shows as “We’re Still Waiting on Further Information” on the RSD site & it’s been removed from the list

Any DC folks - or familiar-with-DC-record-store - folks around here who can suggest a store for Black Friday RSD? I'll be there and I'm not familiar with the scene. Here's the list of stores participating, although it seems the top one has since closed.

If it helps, I'm most interested in the The Life Aquatic, RZA as Bobby Digital, and Sons of Kemet releases.

Any DC folks - or familiar-with-DC-record-store - folks around here who can suggest a store for Black Friday RSD? I'll be there and I'm not familiar with the scene. Here's the list of stores participating, although it seems the top one has since closed.

If it helps, I'm most interested in the The Life Aquatic, RZA as Bobby Digital, and Sons of Kemet releases.
I always went to the Record Exchange in Silver Spring. They’re good people and have a nice controlled way to handle the day that makes it much less stressful.

Back