Record Store Day 2021

I thought the John Prine Live would be hotter, and would probably sell out quick if it wasn't for the huge pressing of 12,500. I feel like if they kept it at a few thousand it would of been gone ASAP. I was surprised Dinner Party wasn't that hot. I thought a 1500 run of the only vinyl pressing (so far - its RSD first) of four absolute heavyweights would of been a hot ticket.

Anyone seen the Aretha Live out there on the internets?

My two closest places had decent stock at open but I haven’t seen it online all day. What a high volume release to be this hard to find

I had no idea with 12k pressed this would be so hot and have flippers putting it in the hundos already.
I woke up late today, so I ended up lining up at a different local than I usually do. I was about 8th in line, and Foo Fighters and Donna Summer both sold at least 5 copies in front of me. Didn’t realize those 2 were in such demand.

I had no idea with 12k pressed this would be so hot and have flippers putting it in the hundos already.

It sounds like there were many delayed pressings but also I was reading some shipments were delayed so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a ton of those especially appear at some point in the near future. Who knows for sure but unless that's an absolute must have i'd wait it out.

Then again that was a release I thought would be discounted in a month or two after reading the pressing count so it shows my massive underappreciation of the remaining fans of disco. #StayingAlive

So I only brought 4 items this RSD .. the lowest amount I can recall since I did the 2nd one ..and I haven’t missed any .

So 3 in store at my local (by far the best prices I’ve seen anywhere ) and 1 online. In store , was nearly £130 for there albums (Sabbath, Stones and Chapterhouse) a single , a double and a 4 lp set ..and then the Sisters double set me back another near £50 with postage ...so £180 for 4 albums

I also brought 10 good quality used albums in store (under £50) ....

There’s a lesson here .....

So I only brought 4 items this RSD .. the lowest amount I can recall since I did the 2nd one ..and I haven’t missed any .

So 3 in store at my local (by far the best prices I’ve seen anywhere ) and 1 online. In store , was nearly £130 for there albums (Sabbath, Stones and Chapterhouse) a single , a double and a 4 lp set ..and then the Sisters double set me back another near £50 with postage ...so £180 for 4 albums

I also brought 10 good quality used albums in store (under £50) ....

There’s a lesson here .....
I still don't understand why the Sisters was so expensive in UK & Europe, but around $22 in the USA.

Anyone know what time Bull Moose leftovers go up? Setting up for more Eternal Sunshine disappointment.
Tomorrow at 8AM EST apparently. It’s a RSD first so I’m trying not to be too disappointed if I can’t grab one

Back