Record Store Day 2021

So the curse of Rsd eBay online has hit me ..got a Prince the truth on a buy it now ....then a refund yesterday with no explanation.....no Prince for me ..

Has it been scarce? It isn't difficult to find in the States. Rough Trade US has it online, but UK doesn't, which is the exact opposite of what I'm used to

My Prince record has a gnasty nic on one side. Who can I contact about it?
Most likely you're not going to get much help from the label (Sony) or the Prince Estate. You could contact wherever you bought it from if (?) they have more copies, but given the limited nature of these releases it may be an SOL situation. You could ask to return it to them (depending on who you bought it from) - but given the onerous nature of RSD stocks on indies - you'd be leaving them holding the bag due to no fault of their own (if they'd take it).

How bad is it? My copy was super clean and flat except a hairline scratch on Dionne that causes maybe 15 sec of light clicking; but overall a satisfactory copy. There are still lots of copies for sale at reasonable prices on Discogs and/or eBay and given the numbers in the U.S. there may be shops still holding. You could buy another copy and resell your bad one for a hit (being explicit in your advertisement so the buyer knows any issues), but at least you'd recuperate some of your money on the new copy.

Has it been scarce? It isn't difficult to find in the States. Rough Trade US has it online, but UK doesn't, which is the exact opposite of what I'm used to
We discussed this release leading up to RSD in the Prince thread. Ironically, being pressed by MPO, it seemed difficult for our EU members to find (I know some were saying that their locals got zero copies).

Plaid Room here had like 200 copies available. My local - Zia in Vegas - where I got it from had a few dozen in the one location I went to when I grabbed mine. There were 13K copies worldwide but it seems the U.S. took a lot of them.

Even now, sellers on Discogs are asking "reasonable" prices (~$30) w/ some d-bags trying to get ~$150 from suckers.

My Prince record has a gnasty nic on one side. Who can I contact about it?
@Lord Diaper Baby has a far more useful answer than me. I was just going to say you can complain to us and we will share your pain. I got two records that were cracked last week. The ebay dude I bought one from, who I assumed was sketchy, was super apologetic and offered a refund or a different album since he was out of what I bought. The band website I bought the other one from direct has gone 9 days with no reply to my first or second email to their customer service. Glad I used PayPal, but last time PayPal told me to pound sand when a vendor overcharged me even though I had all the receipts. Hoping the cracked record and no reply from customer service will help next week if I have to elevate to them.

We discussed this release leading up to RSD in the Prince thread. Ironically, being pressed by MPO, it seemed difficult for our EU members to find (I know some were saying that their locals got zero copies).

Plaid Room here had like 200 copies available. My local - Zia in Vegas - where I got it from had a few dozen in the one location I went to when I grabbed mine. There were 13K copies worldwide but it seems the U.S. took a lot of them.

Even now, sellers on Discogs are asking "reasonable" prices (~$30) w/ some d-bags trying to get ~$150 from suckers.
I ordered this from Zia right when their online orders opened and it got cancelled the next day. Luckily I ordered from Plaid Room but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll get a shipping notice

I ordered this from Zia right when their online orders opened and it got cancelled the next day. Luckily I ordered from Plaid Room but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll get a shipping notice
I assume that you got the CS email from Plaid Room noting that given the volume of RSD online orders, there would be a delay?

I ordered two - Gibbs Pinata and Quiet Kenny - from them and I got my shipping notification on Thursday so I'd assume if you haven't gotten a cancellation notice you're prob good.

Yep , seems a hard one to find in the U.K., my local only got 1 copy , which is unusual for a Prince release , but I didn’t jump in too fast on the online side thinking there would be plenty around, which hasn’t been the case ..

Got it on CD so not too concerned, more annoyed that no explanation given

Honestly, unless it's a must have right now I wouldn't be surprised if you find it for a decent amount cheaper after a little while. 13k copies for RSD and then there's going to be a non-rsd version which will probably be the exact same thing without the RSD sticker so time it with a sale somewhere and you'll be good. That's what i'm planning on at least which helped me temporarily skip it for now.

Have they said they are re-issuing it as a non RSD title?

Have they said they are re-issuing it as a non RSD title?

It was listed as a "RSD First" release which pretty much declares that so as long as they feel like the demand is still there I don't see why they wouldn't. With the crazy backlog most plants are in I wouldn't be surprised to not see it until possibly next year but i'm sure it's coming eventually.

Any one still needing something from this past RSD? I'm planning to go to my local to check out what leftovers are there, but if someone is still looking for something I can check it out for you.

Also, how's the quality on the RATM pressing?

Any one still needing something from this past RSD? I'm planning to go to my local to check out what leftovers are there, but if someone is still looking for something I can check it out for you.

Also, how's the quality on the RATM pressing?

I'm still looking for that Alkaline Trio drop. Its one of those that I want but not nearly bad enough to drop scalper prices for. If you happen to stumble across a copy, that'd be awesome.

Back