Record Store Day 2021

Just got my Chicago Blues delivered from Luna. Proper tip of the hat to those folks for a well-packed and nicely taken care of parcel.
Good to hear, I just got a follow up email from them regarding my request to have them remove the LPs from their respective jackets and they unfortunately didn’t see my request until after they had shipped my order.

Good to hear, I just got a follow up email from them regarding my request to have them remove the LPs from their respective jackets and they unfortunately didn’t see my request until after they had shipped my order.
Mine was double-boarded and packed in one of the Whiplash mailers with the end buffers to secure things. Nice and snug.

Another RSD2021 pick-up. Went to the mall with my daughter because she needed some pieces of gym clothes. Dropped into the Sunrise Records store for a quick look and found this. It was actually on my list but I wasn't expecting to find it in person after seeing it sold out at my usual Canadian online stores.

IMG_1570.JPG

Last edited:
It's a little better, but I took a zoomed in pic with my nice camera.... I am sad. but it is what it is.... There is no way to contact anyone about this.... View attachment 103376
Is it paper debris? You could try the wood glue trick and see if that would work. I have never done it myself but their a plenty of people online who have. Not sure how well it would work but it’s worth a shot.

It's a little better, but I took a zoomed in pic with my nice camera.... I am sad. but it is what it is.... There is no way to contact anyone about this.... View attachment 103376

Does it play through or are you afraid to even try? I'd be weary to try too based on the photo because it looks like the grooves end but it's hard to tell - that said, I usually check my records but every once in a while I miss a defect until my stylus makes it blatantly obvious. I remember a Sheer Mag record that had a decent bubble/divot in it and I only noticed when my stylus failed it's Evel Knievel jump...

Does it play through or are you afraid to even try? I'd be weary to try too based on the photo because it looks like the grooves end but it's hard to tell - that said, I usually check my records but every once in a while I miss a defect until my stylus makes it blatantly obvious. I remember a Sheer Mag record that had a decent bubble/divot in it and I only noticed when my stylus failed it's Evel Knievel jump...
I’m too afraid to play it!

Another RSD2021 pick-up. Went to the mall with my daughter because she needed some pieces of gym clothes. Dropped into the Sunrise Records store for a quick look and found this. It was actually on my list but I wasn't expecting to find it in person after seeing it sold out at my usual Canadian online stores.

View attachment 103337

I have a couple of my RSD purchases (Gruntruck - Push and Me'Shell NdegéOcello - Peace Beyond Passion) being held by a good friend in the U.S. (not sure when I'll get those)...as well as The Sword and Tom Petty to a friend in another province that I was able to pick them up for me (I'll get them later this summer), but I'm loving this Jazz Dispensary record and now understand the hoopla surrounding this series. Gorgeous color variant as well. The other I was happy to grab was the Pepper ‎- In With The Old record. Both of these for me have been uncharacteristically flat (as in not warped) for a modern pressing. More importantly, they sound great..

It may not be evident from the pic, but the checkerboard sphere and the surrounding orange/yellow rings are a cool raised texture. Really nice detail!

I'm doing that thing where I went from only wanting one of the July releases to wanting too many. What are you all prioritizing for this next drop?

In order of must get to I just want it:

Jerry Garcia Band
Ultravox
The Life Aquatic
Slightly Stoopid
Czarface

What's on your want lists?

I'm doing that thing where I went from only wanting one of the July releases to wanting too many. What are you all prioritizing for this next drop?

In order of must get to I just want it:

Jerry Garcia Band
Ultravox
The Life Aquatic
Slightly Stoopid
Czarface

What's on your want lists?

I also have Czarface and JGB on my list, but I thought Life Aquatic was removed.

I also have Czarface and JGB on my list, but I thought Life Aquatic was removed.
I thought it was too, and you might be right that it still is. I don't see it on the RSD list anymore, but it is listed on a few stores webpages for a release that day. Could be they just didn't update it or could be that its another poor RSD supply chain communication thing. It'll be better for my wallet if it doesn't come out then, but I do love the music so it would get a lot of spins if we're surprised by it popping up.

Back