Record Store Day 2021

I’m tempted to add this to my list to get….

I’m listening on apple music and diggin

This would be my first true jazz record though.
Jazz people would this be a good one for a casual to go get? I did play trumpet in high school

If you can, do it.
Kenny Dorham is a wonderful player.

Besides if you get your hands on one, and end up not diggin’ it, you can easily make your money back if not more.

Last edited:
If you can, do it.
Kenny Dorham is a wonderful player.

Besides if you get your hands on one, and end up not diggin’ it, you can easily make your money back, if not more.
I listened to one of the masters via Apple Music on the way to work this morning. I really dig it! I needed another record like this a chill laid back listen that is technical but enjoyable. I have one kind of rainy day sit back and forget about life with a drink/tea kinda record. This is right up my alleyway. I’m so happy that craft put the effort in to rice paper sleeve this one from the get go!
I hate the paper sleeves as I know I’ll probably end up scuffing it just pulling the thing out to put it in a rice sleeve.

One of my locals was playing the live Ariana. Fun listen for sure, lots of short plays and wide spanning set list.

Last year Melbourne was in lockdown for all 3 drops. This year it was close. We just came out of our 4th lockdown yesterday. So, here I am at 2:45 am on wet, winters morning, queuing for Dirty Three, Flaming Lips and maybe Toots and the Maytals.

I am a line of 1. I can see them through the window. They will be mine.

I am only posting this here to so I quit dithering on whether or not to Record Store Day tomorrow. I have decided to pass on June. The weather is shitty and there isn’t anything I absolutely need. Quiet Kenny and Slum Village were the only things my shop got in that I was kinda interested in. I will try to hunt down a copy of The Thrills online if I find a copy of Jonathan Richman online at a decent price I would pick that up also but outside of that I think I am out. Happy hunting for everyone heading out early tomorrow.

could somebody let me know if they spot T.A.T.U. on any online sites in the U.S., i've heard that it got pushed back to 7/17 but some people have said they've seen it in their locals RSD stock for 6/12 among other rumors.

Weird question. But would it be a faux pas to bring stuff with me to RSD to sell? Lol

Not gonna lie, these record store videos with some priority titles whole arse missing is causing trepidation.

Edit: it may be worth checking frequently next week too, I think a lot of boxes may not have made it…

Last edited:
Back