Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

i'm not one to mind a little bit of extra space with my sleeves but this pic of a single LP in one of these looks absurd.

1639671388820.png

I use the ClearBags BLP1 for single lps and sometimes single lp gatefolds. BLPD for 2 lps. I’ve lost only 2 or 3 sleeves due to splits and that was me trying to fit something like Paul’s Boutique in the BLPD. They make great 7 & 10inch sleeves that fit perfect.

I use the ClearBags BLP1 for single lps and sometimes single lp gatefolds. BLPD for 2 lps. I’ve lost only 2 or 3 sleeves due to splits and that was me trying to fit something like Paul’s Boutique in the BLPD. They make great 7 & 10inch sleeves that fit perfect.
7 inch sleeves have ways been tricky since there's a lot of variation in the cover size.

I got my clear bags samples today. They are nice and clear. I kind of wish they were 3 mil though. They seem a little on the flimsy side.

I got my clear bags samples today. They are nice and clear. I kind of wish they were 3 mil though. They seem a little on the flimsy side.
My take is the clear bags doubles are plenty sturdy, and I'm stuffing gatefolds, tip-ons, and 2LP sets into them.

Hudson HiFi inners were back recently... 500 for $70 something. Really great deal...did just see someone post it to one of the MoFi groups though so they may have wiped them out...

Anybody run into this with Sleeve City 2.0 outers? It's not finger prints or oils from my hands. Just a weird clouding that wipes off. Then comes back. Never had this issue with hundreds of these sleeves.

View attachment 122088
This is probably not it, but I had similar experience last winter. Turns out it was the humidifier we use at home. It just deposited this white residue on plastic surfaces. We use distilled water now, problem solved. I mention this on the off chance this could be your issue as well.

This is probably not it, but I had similar experience last winter. Turns out it was the humidifier we use at home. It just deposited this white residue on plastic surfaces. We use distilled water now, problem solved. I mention this on the off chance this could be your issue as well.
I think this is likely the issue actually. My wife runs some for her house plants. I noticed the same white film showing up on the plastic of an art portfolio just a couple days ago. Thanks for the tip.

OK I have scanned through about 10 pages of this thread - who knew plastic bags for our records could be such a complicated affair!

Also - can we all take a moment to acknowledge how terrible the Sleeve City website is? The 1990s called & want their Internet back!

I am desperately trying to find sleeves for my fat 3-LP, double (quadruple??) gatefold albums - like the ones in the attached pic. Bog standard In Utero album thrown on top as a reference. The records are around 10mm thick (just under half an inch). I cannot find anything that suits in local stores and I am totally confused which sleeves to buy online.

Also - being in Australia the shipping from places like sleeve city is eye-watering (like more expensive that the sleeves themselves) so any links to Amazon/eBay/god forbid somewhere local would help a LOT.

Thanking you kind people in advance...

Fat records.jpg

Back