Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I’ll be honest, I haven’t looked at them yet! Work was a bear today.

I’ve got a new record I’m planning on cleaning tomorrow, will report back.
donald-duck-waiting.gif

Most of us have noticed that our 2.5s are cloudy and feel thinner than in the past.
Ahh, this is my first batch of their outers, I normally use MoFi. They seem maybe a touch thinner and a little bit clearer than those?

Has anybody tried the Hudson HiFi OUTERS? I have the inners and love them. but noticed that their outers are in stock and its 500 for $72.50....

in other news, i placed an order at ClearBags and must have gotten the wrong ones....they only fit 1LPs which is really frustrating as a lot of records I own are gatefolds and I store the records behind the sleeves. So if anybody is looking for some sleeves for 1LPs....let me know and I'll give you a deal!

Has anybody tried the Hudson HiFi OUTERS? I have the inners and love them. but noticed that their outers are in stock and its 500 for $72.50....

in other news, i placed an order at ClearBags and must have gotten the wrong ones....they only fit 1LPs which is really frustrating as a lot of records I own are gatefolds and I store the records behind the sleeves. So if anybody is looking for some sleeves for 1LPs....let me know and I'll give you a deal!
It looks like Clear Bags has 2 different sizes. My plan was to order some of those each. If I get my samples and like them and you still have those I might take you up on that.

It looks like Clear Bags has 2 different sizes. My plan was to order some of those each. If I get my samples and like them and you still have those I might take you up on that.
Ok let me know! I didn’t realize that the ones were only for 1LP which is a pain for me. They almost have TOO many options. I ordered 100 I think. I can use a few but mostly need larger sleeves.

Ok let me know! I didn’t realize that the ones were only for 1LP which is a pain for me. They almost have TOO many options. I ordered 100 I think. I can use a few but mostly need larger sleeves.
Are you set on clear bags? I now have 100 (well, maybe 99) Bags Unlimited sleeves that I'm probably not going to use very much.

Multiple reviews on Amazon saying they aren't clear and have a cloudy/hazy look. That's not gonna work for me, brother

Are you set on clear bags? I now have 100 (well, maybe 99) Bags Unlimited sleeves that I'm probably not going to use very much.
not set on clear bags although they are...well....clear....I keep mixing all of them up...Life was so much easier when Sleeve City actually had stock and they were good haha.

Are the Bags Unlimited not very clear? Or what do you not like about them?

Multiple reviews on Amazon saying they aren't clear and have a cloudy/hazy look. That's not gonna work for me, brother
I figured as much. Even the pics don't look clear. The price is very tempting though...but most of my records are sleeved and I don't see myself actually buying 500 more records anytime soon...at least with their inners I resleeved most of my collection with them. Big fan of the inners especially at that price.

The only truly clear bags I’ve seen are also more brittle and prone to splits, so it seems like a bit of a quid pro quo.

The only truly clear bags I’ve seen are also more brittle and prone to splits, so it seems like a bit of a quid pro quo.
The Sleeve City 5.0 ultimate outers ones are very clear (or used to be) and are real sturdy. And the Clear Bags ones are actually nice and clear but I think I just ordered the wrong size so they are too smol. I may do another order with Clear Bags and get the size up.

The Sleeve City 5.0 ultimate outers ones are very clear (or used to be) and are real sturdy. And the Clear Bags ones are actually nice and clear but I think I just ordered the wrong size so they are too smol. I may do another order with Clear Bags and get the size up.
Yeah, ClearBags has a 12 5/8 X 12 5/8, and a 12 15/16 X 12 15/16. I order and use both because I don't like the extra space of the larger outers on my single LP's, but obviously need the larger ones for gatefolds (and even the occasional single that is somehow oversized).

This is a good deal on ClearBags' larger outer (and you'd probably have them in-hand by tomorrow):

Amazon product ASIN B00O4XSAMY

Yeah, ClearBags has a 12 5/8 X 12 5/8, and a 12 15/16 X 12 15/16. I order and use both because I don't like the extra space of the larger outers on my single LP's, but obviously need the larger ones for gatefolds (and even the occasional single that is somehow oversized).

This is a good deal on ClearBags' larger outer (and you'd probably have them in-hand by tomorrow):

I may order some of those then. Thanks!

Exactly what I do, and have had no issues with them. Look great, sturdy and super clear.

Back