Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

ClearBags is having a one-day, 10% off sale on everything in their store. I use two of their outer sleeves:

BLP1NF is 12 5/8 x 12 5/8 (for single album)
BLPDNF is 12 15/16 x 12 15/16 for gatefolds

Both are in stock currently, and there are other options (similar sizes with sealable flaps, for example).

I can't seem to get past their shipping address page on the site at the moment, but I assume they'll get that squared away if they hope to make any sales today.
I wasn't too impressed with bags unlimited's sleeves. Do I try another in my quest for the perfect sleeve?

I wasn't too impressed with bags unlimited's sleeves. Do I try another in my quest for the perfect sleeve?
Clearbags are alright. I haven’t found any as nice as the Sleeve City ones still but a shame to hear they changed theirs

Clearbags are alright. I haven’t found any as nice as the Sleeve City ones still but a shame to hear they changed theirs
I just did a sample request. You can get 10% off when you sign up for the newsletter so I'm not really missing out if I don't order today.

Ugh. Don’t like hearing this news about the UO 2.5s. I kind of want to stay ahead of the delays but I also don’t want crap outers.

Anyone that can compare UO 2.5s to this ClearBags place?
I've used the ClearBags 12 5/8 for quite a few years now and like them a lot. I used to use the Sleeve City outers for gatefolds, but now am using ClearBags and I think they're great. I can't provide a detailed comparison, but there isn't anything about the ClearBags options I've ever had a problem with. The material is very clear, they appear sturdy and hold up well over time.

I've used the ClearBags 12 5/8 for quite a few years now and like them a lot. I used to use the Sleeve City outers for gatefolds, but now am using ClearBags and I think they're great. I can't provide a detailed comparison, but there isn't anything about the ClearBags options I've ever had a problem with. The material is very clear, they appear sturdy and hold up well over time.
Really my only criteria are that I prefer crystal clear and that there's not a big seam on the spine that makes it hard to read the album title. Also what's nice about the SC ones are that they are very consistent in size.

Really my only criteria are that I prefer crystal clear and that there's not a big seam on the spine that makes it hard to read the album title. Also what's nice about the SC ones are that they are very consistent in size.
That's a real good point about consistency. Not sure ClearBags is perfectly consistent from batch to batch.

I mean that stinks that Sleeve City has changed their outers but I don’t really want more people gravitating to the ClearBags and messing up my cozy little spot. 😁

Back