Record cleaning - what's your method?

I mean like, seriously. I'm cursed. Obviously. These could not be stored more perfectly. Pitch black, original bottles. Cool temp. 3 of the 4 never even opened. WTF

The sediment is white, sits on the bottom. If you move the bottle around it's visible. You've got nothing like that?
Has it been left in the sun? Im no expect but that might have something to do with it? Random side fact but the reason toothpaste tubes are not see-through is that exposure to sunlight causes some of the properties to become inactive.

Edit: damn, posted at the same time that you said it was kept in the dark. Keeping the above for the random toothpaste fact :ROFLMAO:

Hope you didn’t reuse that sleeve!
Hell no! Kept it though because it's pretty cool, one of the Vertigo Swirl inners.

Has it been left in the sun? Im no expect but that might have something to do with it? Random side fact but the reason toothpaste tubes are not see-through is that exposure to sunlight causes some of the properties to become inactive.

Edit: damn, posted at the same time that you said it was kept in the dark. Keeping the above for the random toothpaste fact :ROFLMAO:

Hell no! Kept it though because it's pretty cool, one of the Vertigo Swirl inners.
Nope. Never even taken out of the boxes, straight into a dark closet. Zero sun. Just cursed.

So odd, the debris, not that your cursed ;)
I suppose this could point towards something that I've considered for a while. Perhaps the reason so many of my records arrive warped is that somewhere in the postal process my shipments are sitting somewhere very very hot. The fact that all 4 of these Christo's have this sediment, despite 3 of them never being opened and 2 of them never even being removed from their boxes... maybe they got really hot at some point. I dunno...

I suppose this could point towards something that I've considered for a while. Perhaps the reason so many of my records arrive warped is that somewhere in the postal process my shipments are sitting somewhere very very hot. The fact that all 4 of these Christo's have this sediment, despite 3 of them never being opened and 2 of them never even being removed from their boxes... maybe they got really hot at some point. I dunno...
........you may be on to something, I think I found where they keep YOUR packages at the Toronto Post Office.
1628213350359.png

I am so gonna use that Toothpaste fact to impress myself

I still use a carbon fiber brush before playing each record, and I also use a stylus brush, but like you, not very often. I see no need for a stylus solution.
I use a Record Doctor carbon fiber brush and a stylus brush. Every now and then, the dry stylus brush is not enough, so I dip the stylus brush in distilled water before brushing again. Works every time for me without harsh solvents.

What’s the cleaning fluid everyone’s raving about in these parts? Finally ran out of spin clean fluid and want to try something, static has been a big pain with the spin clean

What’s the cleaning fluid everyone’s raving about in these parts? Finally ran out of spin clean fluid and want to try something, static has been a big pain with the spin clean
This is what I've been using for much of the past year and I'm really happy with it:

Has anyone used this? Reportedly it has a fresh scent.

Has anyone used this? Reportedly it has a fresh scent.

Yeah it’s complete snake oil for records. I bought a pro-ject version early in my record buying days. It does work really well for cleaning the vents and detailing of your car interior though…

Yeah it’s complete snake oil for records. I bought a pro-ject version early in my record buying days. It does work really well for cleaning the vents and detailing of your car interior though…
Ya, I have a version of this stuff I use to clean the surface and platter of my RCM.................I've also used it on my car interior ;)

I was showing a friend how the VPI worked because he wants one. Looks like they’ve almost doubled in price in the last 5 years. I paid $595 and they’re now $950. I was floored. They don’t have chips even, lol.
I paid less than retail when it was $799 in January. I guess the cost of materials has increased. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back