Record cleaning - what's your method?

Not really a cleaning method, but I finally put together a ā€œcleaning stationā€ as opposed to sitting on the floor.

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

Itā€™s in my storage ā€œbatcaveā€ off my basement. This is where all the physical media call home.

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

I have to say, a method involving a chair beats the hell out of sitting on a concrete floor. šŸ˜

Last edited:
Not really a cleaning method, but I finally put together a ā€œcleaning stationā€ as opposed to sitting on the floor.

View attachment 199784

View attachment 199785

Itā€™s in my storage ā€œbatcaveā€ off my basement. This is where all the physical media call home.

View attachment 199786

View attachment 199787

I have to say, a method involving a chair beets the hell out of sitting on a concrete floor. šŸ˜
I think the HumminGuru might do some damage to your wine collection - I'm willing to take the wine off your hands for you.

@Mather I thought you had a post somewhere comparing units you've used/recommend so far, have that handy by chance? I'm done doing these tiresome, manual cleaning processes and don't mind dropping coin on something that is quick, easy, and fool-proof.
I'm not sure that was me as I've only used the Okki Nokki and now the Degritter MKII. I suspect in terms of ease of use the Humminguru would make the most sense depending on how much you want to spend and how many records you plan to clean. The Guru by all accounts does a great job however it seems to have a bit of issues with longevity. Seems like it tends to break down after a while, but repairs seem to be fairly simple and not particularly expensive in most cases.

My old Okki Nokki does a very good job but you still have to have two different brushes, two different cleaning solutions, have to leave it to dry etc. So it's work. The Guru and Degritter are varying levels of set it and forget it.

I'm not sure that was me as I've only used the Okki Nokki and now the Degritter MKII. I suspect in terms of ease of use the Humminguru would make the most sense depending on how much you want to spend and how many records you plan to clean. The Guru by all accounts does a great job however it seems to have a bit of issues with longevity. Seems like it tends to break down after a while, but repairs seem to be fairly simple and not particularly expensive in most cases.

My old Okki Nokki does a very good job but you still have to have two different brushes, two different cleaning solutions, have to leave it to dry etc. So it's work. The Guru and Degritter are varying levels of set it and forget it.
Ah got it. My memory was likely the fact that you had the 2 I was eyeing, the Okki and Degritter. I'll start with the Degritter and work backwards from there, thanks.

Ah got it. My memory was likely the fact that you had the 2 I was eyeing, the Okki and Degritter. I'll start with the Degritter and work backwards from there, thanks.
I mean the Degritter is pretty much the gold standard. It pumps the water itself, does everything, you just set it and forget it. But it's very expensive. The Guru does everything except doesn't pump the water itself, you have to do that manually.

I mean the Degritter is pretty much the gold standard. It pumps the water itself, does everything, you just set it and forget it. But it's very expensive. The Guru does everything except doesn't pump the water itself, you have to do that manually.
Just start saving for a KLAudio ultrasonic cleaner. Then when you get about halfway there, settle for the well-respected Degritter. You'll feel like you've made a prudent and frugal purchase. Perspective's a beautiful thing.

Just start saving for a KLAudio ultrasonic cleaner. Then when you get about halfway there, settle for the well-respected Degritter. You'll feel like you've made a prudent and frugal purchase. Perspective's a beautiful thing.
Check out the Degritter Facebook page if you havenā€™t. Much to be learned there.

Back