Record cleaning - what's your method?

But as @Mr Moustache noted, I think it was in response to requests within their discussion board that they developed a filter for the water to pass through while draining that would, in theory, allow for using the same water for more than one record. Given the low cost of distilled water, either way should be fine, but it will be interesting to see whether reusing the water is effective. Not sure why they would have developed the filter if it doesn't get the job done. Time will tell.

True. I think you’d still need to top it up each time as there would be inevitable water loss through the process. I’m sure it will be fine but either way it’s not throwing money away. The implementation of an air filter for the fan intake was a much bigger deal to me.

True. I think you’d still need to top it up each time as there would be inevitable water loss through the process. I’m sure it will be fine but either way it’s not throwing money away. The implementation of an air filter for the fan intake was a much bigger deal to me.
Agreed. I probably wouldn't have thought of that as being important if it hadn't been mentioned, but yeah, it's a key feature.

What liquid are y'all oigional Discwasher users using if not the the original ? I have some Chisto coming for my Record Doctor, but would Groovewasher be better for the Discwasher ?

Last edited:
Weird that your box reads "makes 1 liter." The concentrate I received makes 1 gallon, I assume it's the same stuff.
Edit: is it a US packaging vs rest of the world packaging issue? And if so, do they think 1 gallon = 1 liter?
I did think the same thing. The pictures you guys had put up were for 1 US gallon, so that's approx 3.8 litres?

The website has the same packaging as me. Strange.

It would not surprise me, or we've all been duped ;)
I did think the same thing. The pictures you guys had put up were for 1 US gallon, so that's approx 3.8 litres?

The website has the same packaging as me. Strange.

This only heightens my suspicion that this Ukrainian formulated concentrate is really just filtered water from the River Pripyat. If anyone's hair starts falling out, please let us know!

Last edited:
well, I don't see the weight of the package on the pics. Could it be that the 1L pack is actually smaller? (like 4x)

The US version (for 1 gallon) is a 100 ml bottle of concentrate.
100ml for me as well. Curious.

I bought mine from Amazon, where one of the main UK online HiFi dealers is running as a marketplace seller. I'm confident it's legit, I just don't quite get why the concentration is different. Meh, I'll just go with the litre and see how I go...

Back