Record cleaning - what's your method?

Don't know what the cost would be, though:

Amazon product ASIN B00BD60BI6

Question re: cleaning solution. Just ordered some Chisto (thanks to everyone's recommendations), and I am curious do I just pour the bottle into a gallon of distilled water, then use that as my main source (filling an applicator bottle separately)? Sorry if this was answered already and I missed it.

Question re: cleaning solution. Just ordered some Chisto (thanks to everyone's recommendations), and I am curious do I just pour the bottle into a gallon of distilled water, then use that as my main source (filling an applicator bottle separately)? Sorry if this was answered already and I missed it.
That'll do it. I grabbed a separate bottle and a gooseneck bottle.
Amazon product ASIN B07CBMSJZ9Amazon product ASIN B07MYT12HG

I use this gallon jug (it's cheaper and good quality) for storage. I use the little spray bottle the concentrate came in as my applicator.
Amazon product ASIN B086Z1P9KD

If the concentrate has any potential for breaking down once it's diluted, you might also consider mixing small batches as you need them and storing the concentrate away from light.

Yep...that's what I did.

I also wrote on the bottle that it is record cleaner - DO NOT DRINK.

Just in case.

I also just ordered some of those squeeze bottles. I've been using my old VPI cleaner bottle for years, just refilling it with my homebrew. But moving on to the Chisto for now I think deserves something new.

vpi-recordcleaningfluid.jpg

Last edited:
***updated*** this has now been claimed.

Does anyone in the US want a bottle of Chisto Easy Groove?

I was trying to get one sent to me in Australia but the parcel forwarders are not willing to send it and have labeled it a dangerous good. Long story short, without IATA accreditation, which manufacturer doesn’t have they won’t send it by air.

It’s in Oregon now but sending it back plus the restocking fee is pretty much going to wipe out any refund. So, fuck it. One of you fine people can have it. Send me a DM with your deets.

Last edited:
Even though I didn’t back this, I really hope this thing works. I’ve watched a few ultrasonic cleaning videos and it’s pretty amazing how these things work. I’d like to see the difference between this and my VPI because there’s no way I’m dropping that Degritter cash.

Pre Orders are next week.

Pre Orders are next week.

.......I might have to bite on this now.

Very excited about this! I really hope it delivers as stated.
Looks like it just uses water, not cleaning solution? If so, do we know if this can be used for like one or two records at a time (as opposed to Spinclean that suggests doing a "cleaning session" of 20 or so records each time)?

Looks like it just uses water, not cleaning solution? If so, do we know if this can be used for like one or two records at a time (as opposed to Spinclean that suggests doing a "cleaning session" of 20 or so records each time)?
yeah, this is still unknown really. I think they implemented a filter system so you can re-use the water and batch clean. I don't know how efficient this will be. We'll have to figure it all out as we receive them. Cleaning solution should be unnecessary yes.

Yes it can. It cleans one record at a time and you should really use fresh water for each record. You fill the water tank to its line. Pour the water into the cleaning basin, put the tank into its slot, pick your cycle. Once it’s done it drains the used water back into the tank which you can then chuck down the sink and your record is clean and dry.

Last edited:
Yes it can. It cleans one record at a time and you should really use fresh water for each record. You fill the water tank to its line. Pour the water into the cleaning basin, put the tank into its slot, pick your cycle. Once it’s done it drains the used water back into the tank which you can then chuck down the sink and your record is clean and dry.
But as @Mr Moustache noted, I think it was in response to requests within their discussion board that they developed a filter for the water to pass through while draining that would, in theory, allow for using the same water for more than one record. Given the low cost of distilled water, either way should be fine, but it will be interesting to see whether reusing the water is effective. Not sure why they would have developed the filter if it doesn't get the job done. Time will tell.

Back