Record cleaning - what's your method?

Anyone thinking about offering a Ultrasonic cleaning service locally or via mail when they get there machines ? Or is not worth wear and tear, time, & trouble ? I know people and shops used to offer this in the past that had HW-17's, etc. One of my locals shops has a vinyl flattening service.

Anyone thinking about offering a Ultrasonic cleaning service locally or via mail when they get there machines ? Or is not worth wear and tear, time, & trouble ? I know people and shops used to offer this in the past that had HW-17's, etc. One of my locals shops has a vinyl flattening service.
I'd say it's something that makes more sense for a shop to offer, given the time involved.

There’s a shop in San Francisco that offers both - not sure if it’s worth the cost plus shipping but here’s their info (note: I haven’t used them myself yet but might soon)

I’ve got a record that needs to be cleaned. I got one of the autographed Matt Berninger records back in the fall. I finally pulled it out the other day and saw that there is some residue on one side. I ran it through my Spin Clean several times, but it’s no better, at least as far as I can tell. I’m hoping that a thorough cleaning with one of the more advanced cleaners will do the trick. Is anyone willing to give it a shot?

I’ve got a record that needs to be cleaned. I got one of the autographed Matt Berninger records back in the fall. I finally pulled it out the other day and saw that there is some residue on one side. I ran it through my Spin Clean several times, but it’s no better, at least as far as I can tell. I’m hoping that a thorough cleaning with one of the more advanced cleaners will do the trick. Is anyone willing to give it a shot?
If you want to send it, I'll clean it ;)

Love that the file name of the photo is "tragedy.jpg"! So was the staple holding the hair in? On the record? Just trying to work out what happened here!

Yeah, it is an Okki Nokki brush and the staple holds in the 'tufts' of hair in the brush. Was wet cleaning, it seemed like a hair fell off as it was getting wiped off as it rotated, then another and another....I lifted up my brush and the entire thing fell out! The brush is like 2 months old, ugh.

Yeah, it is an Okki Nokki brush and the staple holds in the 'tufts' of hair in the brush. Was wet cleaning, it seemed like a hair fell off as it was getting wiped off as it rotated, then another and another....I lifted up my brush and the entire thing fell out! The brush is like 2 months old, ugh.
I went through 3 different brushes before i switched to a VPI brush. They all started to crack where the bristles are and slowly pop out.

The bottom brush has three "sections" that will most likely fall out if i ever use it again. Not sure why i've kept all three haha

IMG_4171.jpeg

Back