Record cleaning - what's your method?

I thought of backing it, but early bird was $50 less than what retail will be. KS price w/out EB is only -$20.

Even at $50 less I'd rather wait to see how it does. $50 upcharge is worth it for me for others to be early adopters.

Also, the amount of distilled water per use seems like a lot (at least it's not more expensive cleaning solution)

But, really, if it gets good reviews I'll probably grab it down the line. I've been using an Okki Nokki for a few years and have no issues with it; but the more automated XP of the HumminGuru is appealing and even the full $350 is a fine price point.

I don't mean to poo-poo this for anyone, but those combining forces should add this to their calculations, I'm pretty sure multiples would ship to one person. Maybe something to ask ;)
View attachment 82712
View attachment 82713

Not really poo-poo ing anything really though. It’d have been weird if they split a bundle and shipped to different addresses, $85/2 and $110/3 are less than $60 and import tax is something that the importer is always liable for so you should always prepare for it beforehand if you’re buying from abroad and your country charges it.

Spin clean question:

Just got my first spin clean which marks my first/best vinyl cleaning solution outside of a spray, velvet brush and carbon fiber brush. After my first round of spin cleaning I noticed that upon playing my record my needle dug out a TRUCK load of muck from the grooves after a few hours of drying. Does this mean I simply need to keep cleaning it until the needle doesn’t gather any absorbent amounts of muck?

Spin clean question:

Just got my first spin clean which marks my first/best vinyl cleaning solution outside of a spray, velvet brush and carbon fiber brush. After my first round of spin cleaning I noticed that upon playing my record my needle dug out a TRUCK load of muck from the grooves after a few hours of drying. Does this mean I simply need to keep cleaning it until the needle doesn’t gather any absorbent amounts of muck?
I think it needs to be cleaned again and dried by hand.

Just saw this for sell in France. Not cheap but you can't clean 10 records at time. I can't find any user review on Internet.

Just saw this for sell in France. Not cheap but you can't clean 10 records at time. I can't find any user review on Internet.

It does not appear to dry them. You can reintroduce dust during the drying process.

I may have let things accumulate. Save me.

BHMRYlS.jpg

0m8SZRd.jpg

Chisto Easy Groove is perfect as far as I can tell. It’s noticeably better than TTVJ.
I ordered some last night and woke up to my order being cancelled. When I placed my order it automatically gave free shipping which was the only option. I guess that is why. Shipping to Australia would cost some money at least.

Bit of a chicken and egg questions. When you get a new record that is in a paper sleeve, do you take it out of the sleeve and put it into a poly sleeve even if you have not had a chance to clean it yet? Or do you leave it as is, undisturbed until you can clean it and then place it nice and shiny in a poly sleeve?

Typically when I get new records I do a visual inspection (maybe a quick soft brush) and put it into a new poly sleeve. When I have about 6 or more records I then break out the squeaky clean and give them all a clean. But this week I got a new record that it looked like it was blasted with a confetti canon repeatedly. I was afraid to stick it into a poly sleeve because it was so covered in paper shrapnel. I ended up bringing out the squeaky clean just to clean the 1 record.

It just got me thinking. Is it better to leave it undisturbed for a few days in the paper sleeve or move it to a new clean poly even before you can vacuum clean it?

Bit of a chicken and egg questions. When you get a new record that is in a paper sleeve, do you take it out of the sleeve and put it into a poly sleeve even if you have not had a chance to clean it yet? Or do you leave it as is, undisturbed until you can clean it and then place it nice and shiny in a poly sleeve?

Typically when I get new records I do a visual inspection (maybe a quick soft brush) and put it into a new poly sleeve. When I have about 6 or more records I then break out the squeaky clean and give them all a clean. But this week I got a new record that it looked like it was blasted with a confetti canon repeatedly. I was afraid to stick it into a poly sleeve because it was so covered in paper shrapnel. I ended up bringing out the squeaky clean just to clean the 1 record.

It just got me thinking. Is it better to leave it undisturbed for a few days in the paper sleeve or move it to a new clean poly even before you can vacuum clean it?
I would leave it until you clean it. Don’t contaminate a clean sleeve.

Back