Record cleaning - what's your method?

Is the Spin-Clean solution good for dirtier records? Also, can I used de-ionised water or does it have to be distilled?

De ionized water is fine. I’ve been using the 5l jugs from Halfords that cost less than a fiver. The dirtier the record the more spins you give it. Some really dirty second hand ones I’ve given 10 to 15 spins in each direction as opposed to the 5 each way for new. Other tips would be make sure that you thoroughly dry with cloths before the air dry!

De ionized water is fine. I’ve been using the 5l jugs from Halfords that cost less than a fiver. The dirtier the record the more spins you give it. Some really dirty second hand ones I’ve given 10 to 15 spins in each direction as opposed to the 5 each way for new. Other tips would be make sure that you thoroughly dry with cloths before the air dry!
You really can’t tell how dirty a record is. The nastiest I’ve ever seen looked bad (new from VMP) but plenty of “clean” albums proved otherwise when run through the SC.

So I've popped the Spin-Clean's Cherry tonight.
First impressions:
Not too shabby actually. Hear what you were all saying and gave each Old record a good 15 turns each side. I may have added about 25% more cleaning fluid to the brushes.
First OG on the TT was an OP of Rumours. It was good.
I could really here a difference on new records strangely. Radiohead Moon shape...sounds brilliant.
Have to put a shout out to the Better Half for buying me this. Very thoughtful.
Will use & abuse until the finds dictate a machine.

Backed it. A bunch of us did when it was first posted.
Early enough to grab the early-bird special? Or did groups of 3 contribute to take advantage of that offer? First I’m seeing of this but looks like a great deal if it gets the job done. I know those suckers tend to be very expensive.

Back