Rank The Albums!

That’s cool, I’ve more appreciation for the album cover now that I know it wasn’t quite as deliberate of a design choice.

I was reading my 1000 Album Covers book and that Lisa one just popped up and I was like

View attachment 169198
I have that same book! 😱 I haven’t read all the way through it though. I use it mostly as a computer stand for WFH since it’s got a good height on it

I have that same book! 😱 I haven’t read all the way through it though. I use it mostly as a computer stand for WFH since it’s got a good height on it
I knew most the albums but found some gems just by looking them up on Spotify based on the vibe of the cover. It was a gift and I probably wouldn’t buy it myself as it’s nothing groundbreaking but still a cool coffee table piece.

Also, page 363 if you wanna check it out

The great thing about corn is that it goes in one end and out the other pretty much unscathed.

Belle and Sebastian

I didn't even know "Days of the Bagnold Summer" existed until I checked their wiki. I listened to it for the first time today to make this list. It's a fine album but nothing special.

1. If You're Feeling Sinister
  2. Tigermilk
  3. The Boy with the Arab Strap
  4. The Life Pursuit
  5. Dear Catastrophe Waitress
  6. Write About Love
  7. Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant
  8. Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance
  9. Late Developers
  10. A Bit of Previous
  11. Storytelling
  12. Days of the Bagnold Summer

Camera Obscura
  1. Let's Get Out of This Country
  2. Underacheivers Please Try Harder
  3. My Maudlin Career
  4. Desire Lines
  5. Biggest Bluest Hi Fi

Belle and Sebastian

I didn't even know "Days of the Bagnold Summer" existed until I checked their wiki. I listened to it for the first time today to make this list. It's a fine album but nothing special.

2. Tigermilk
  4. The Life Pursuit
  6. Write About Love
  9. Late Developers
  10. A Bit of Previous
  11. Storytelling

Camera Obscura
  3. My Maudlin Career
  4. Desire Lines
  5. Biggest Bluest Hi Fi
I would swap The Life Pursuit and Dear Catastrophe Waitress and also Fold Your Hand ... and Girls In Peacetime...

Also, I would include the singles comp Push Barman to Old Wounds just under The Boy With The Arab Strap to round out my top 5.

I would swap The Life Pursuit and Dear Catastrophe Waitress and also Fold Your Hand ... and Girls In Peacetime...

Also, I would include the singles comp Push Barman to Old Wounds just under The Boy With The Arab Strap to round out my top 5.
that middle section is totally interchangeable. I thought about those first two and then those second two a lot.

I think The Life Pursuit is a better overall album than DCW. Fold Your Hands just edges Girls because of "Women's Realm" which is a god-tier B&S song IMO. If that wasn't there it'd be a little lower. I remember hating Girls when it first came out because it was "dancier" but it's a very solid album. Easily better than the most recent two albums they've put out.

Compilations open a whole can of worms I didn't want to go into but Push Barman would probably be above Write About Love on my list. The other ones I'm less familar with.

that middle section is totally interchangeable. I thought about those first two and then those second two a lot.

I think The Life Pursuit is a better overall album than DCW. Fold Your Hands just edges Girls because of "Women's Realm" which is a god-tier B&S song IMO. If that wasn't there it'd be a little lower. I remember hating Girls when it first came out because it was "dancier" but it's a very solid album. Easily better than the most recent two albums they've put out.

Compilations open a whole can of worms I didn't want to go into but Push Barman would probably be above Write About Love on my list. The other ones I'm less familar with.
B&S early EPs were so good. I really need to pick up Push Barman…on vinyl.

B&S early EPs were so good. I really need to pick up Push Barman…on vinyl.

Was this one ever put on a compilation? One of their best songs:

Belle and Sebastian

2. Tigermilk
  4. The Life Pursuit
  6. Write About Love
  9. Late Developers
  10. A Bit of Previous
  11. Storytelling

Camera Obscura
  3. My Maudlin Career
  4. Desire Lines
  5. Biggest Bluest Hi Fi

Sorry. Sooorrry... but when anyone anywhere says "Belle and Sebastian" this instantly pops into my head.
Kind of like when someone says "I'm not really hungry" my brain fills in "but I'd like to have reservations someplace."(American Psycho reference).

This is not a judgement b/c all I know about B&S comes from this movie clip, but this makes me laugh every time.
Also I love Walking on Sunshine.
When he says "it wont go any louder" and then Rob falls over the counter while Barry spins like a toddler...it just makes me laugh.

Back