R.I.P. VMP Forum

Philosophical question - when the official VMP forum is "unpaused" and no one goes back does it even exist?
The question is do we really expect it to come back? I don´t think it is solely a tech move they are intending. They did move to an upgraded forum and also changed the tech behind the membership portal with downtimes of few hours. So with the usual tempo of vmp in such issues it will be months before they present something new and if it is directly connected to the vmp membership portal it will exclude lots of people on here. So it will probably not be as lively as before.

I read on another forum the old Place had 7200 registered users. UIf correct that i assume is every single user registered since beginning - Hence why actual active number is much lower. Shame those sorts of numbers didnt desert the ship. They would bnever have dared a shutdown if so.

The question is do we really expect it to come back? I don´t think it is solely a tech move they are intending. They did move to an upgraded forum and also changed the tech behind the membership portal with downtimes of few hours. So with the usual tempo of vmp in such issues it will be months before they present something new and if it is directly connected to the vmp membership portal it will exclude lots of people on here. So it will probably not be as lively as before.

The way I understood what Pauly finally said is that they wanted to have some kind of forum/social media linked to your VMP account. I assume that, if you don't have an active account, you wouldn't be able to access it (whatever it would be). So, good riddance anyway, because this is never gonna as good as what we had/have here.

I have nothing but love and fond memories of the VMP forum. Shame how it ended, but if it hadn't then N&G wouldn't exist and I think this place will be better, for a start every thread won't be about shipping grievances!

I also wish all the staff well. I had the pleasure of working with Cam, Storf, Greens and Pauly in trying to build the community. Sure they drifted away and lost interest at the end, but I look at it like this.... this place, this community is the fruition of that work. We exist in no small way because of them. No hard feelings, just positive vibes. I'm also really fucking stoked how we all just carried on talking about the music and didn't look back with bitterness. It's been lovely.

The way I understood what Pauly finally said is that they wanted to have some kind of forum/social media linked to your VMP account. I assume that, if you don't have an active account, you wouldn't be able to access it (whatever it would be). So, good riddance anyway, because this is never gonna as good as what we had/have here.

It took them a day and over 100 pages of non-stop criticisms of their bullshit decision to come up with that answer, too. Then the exact same response was posted to a member on instagram, verbatim, to Pauly's response, so it didn't even seem genuine. Who knows if those were even his words? Also, who cares? It didn't have to go out that way, but while I'm disappointed in the way they operated, it doesn't compare to how proud I am of how everyone here came together.

what was the obama pic?

I posted my last post several hours before with 2pac flipping Matt the bird. Didn't go back after.

That 2Pac gif was great.

The Obama pic was a fakey with his head photoshopped onto a naked gent gripping his erect bizness. He was reclining back. It was a bit of an under shot.

I think realistically VMP should never have been in charge of this community.

With all its bullshit rules and ego trips.
At any point they could silence people critiquing them in anyway.

Cause look at the result of it now.
They hated the feedback they was getting for raising prices and all the other bullshit and a few days later it doesnt even fkin exist.
So if it does come back I vote we stay the fuck off it and stay here where we dont have overlords whose focus is to rape our wallets.

here. last page: https://streamable.com/de3xb
for some reason there's motion blur on it. idk if vegas did that or if my recording app did that.
None of this is canon for me. The last thing I saw was @JonnyH telling us he loved us all. That was the right note to end on.
Yeah I thought they said they'd put a message up for people who missed what happened to redirect them to this place.
I bet they regretted that as soon as they offered it. They don't want to call any attention to the fact that they shut it down in the first place, much less send people to hang out with the disgruntled community that used to post there.

Back