Pre-Order Thread

This comment 100%. I'm spinning my copy of the 2017 Capitol 75th anniversary Paul's Boutique repress now. It's great. But … it could be cut louder, no doubt. If I put Thom Yorke's Anima on right now, at same settings, I'd get angry calls from my neighbors.

I may go this route, I would definitely be repurchasing Paul's Boutique, and Ill Communication and I have not yet sprung fro To The 5 Burroughs and buying each of those in black would come to about $96. So for about $14 more I would be getting them all on colored wax plus the Roots Down EP it would be approximately $27.50 a release plus and free shipping. The order I placed for Paul's Boutique this morning (and subsequently cancelled) with Rough Trade was damn near $50 Shipped.

EDIT: Purchased. I talked myself into it. The total came to $110.99 with free shipping and no sales tax.

Last edited:

I may go this route, I would definitely be repurchasing Paul's Boutique, and Ill Communication and I have not yet sprung fro To The 5 Burroughs and buying each of those in black would come to about $96. So for about $14 more I would be getting them all on colored wax plus the Roots Down EP it would be approximately $27.50 a release plus and free shipping. The order I placed for Paul's Boutique this morning (and subsequently cancelled) with Rough Trade was damn near $50 Shipped.
I ordered Paul’s Boutique from the Beastie’s shop for $41 after shipping. If I had known FatBeats would be doing this, perhaps I’d have gone this route instead. Mind you, Ill Communications and To the 5 Boroughs are my two least fave Beasties records, but that’s a pretty good deal

EDIT: Purchased. I talked myself into it.
Does Fat Beats charge when you order, or when it comes in? Asking for a friend :)

I ordered Paul’s Boutique from the Beastie’s shop for $41 after shipping. If I had known FatBeats would be doing this, perhaps I’d have gone this route instead. Mind you, Ill Communications and To the 5 Boroughs are my two least fave Beasties records, but that’s a pretty good deal
I Love Ill Communication that one was the Album that got me into the Beastie Boys when I was in Jr High/High School . All that being said, I think it would still be my 4th favorite (after Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, and Hello Nasty) but honestly every record they put out up to the To the 5 Burroughs is a stone classic in my book and I don't hate TT5B's either I just isn't to the same "classic" level as the others. It still has some good moments.

This is cheaper on Bullmoose and you get free shipping!

Pre-ordered Ill Communication, Paul's Boutique and Root Down 12" from the Beastie Boys merch site - been waiting for a reissue of Root Down for a while - I played that CD a shit-ton in my car back in high school/college.

I didn't really need Ill Communication or Paul's Boutique, but I'm curious how/where they were cut/pressed - more so for Ill Paul's Boutique since it's spread over 2 LP's.

Last edited:

My texas brothers Explosions in the Sky are reissuing their debut & their Travels in Constants record (also available in black on their site)

i almost cried when I saw The Rescue up there finally. Day 6 is my funeral song
I only just found these yesterday on Plaid Room, so freaking happy to see The Rescue on vinyl. Their best work imo.

Looks like a reissue of Beth Gibbons album with Rustin Man is planned for October :

Looks like a reissue of Beth Gibbons album with Rustin Man is planned for October :

One of my favourite albums. Can't believe how much the earlier repress goes for sometimes. Worth jumping on this.

@Plaid Room / Colemine has the purple BBoys pretty cheap

Yeah, I just received an email about em from Plaid Room and if you were To purchase all for from them you might save like 5 bucks over the FatBeats bundle (the reason I say might is cuz I didn’t check if they charge tax or shipping). All that being said, if you only wanted one or two of em you’d be better served purchasing thru Plaid Room. $26.99 is the cheapest I have seen. They also included the total amounts of each pressing...48683C1E-B91B-4AA8-A503-7CFF00F13000.jpeg

Back