Pre-Order Thread

They also have the movie up for pre-order -

HD Blu Ray or 4K options.

I also ordered their LP - as I love all Deadly Prey Gallery artwork. I even have some prints Terror Vision did for Neon Maniacs.

yes!!!! very happy this finally got announced!!

sbr3038-GLITTER_1024x1024.jpg

sbr3038-OLLA-c1_1024x1024.jpg

I am excited for her new album even though I was disappointed with daddy's home. I liked the concept of the album but it wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be.

I agree. A few highlights but not nearly as strong as previous two albums. In that clip, she seems to be putting away for good the Daddy’s Home wig, so presumably a new direction or return to an old direction.

Right there with ya. Some moments of magic, but didn't quite hit the same highs as the threepeat of Strange Mercy / STV / Masseduction.

Limited test pressing / art edition of Emahoy Tsege Marian Gebru's Souvenirs (edition of 50) $55

A portion of the proceeds of the limited art pressings will be donated Make the Road NYC, who work to build the power of immigrant and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice.

Also, for @MikeH and other NYC/Portland folks, this is from Mississippi Records:

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 8.25.29 AM.png
www.mississippirecords.net/master-newsletter-sign-up

0034908837_10.jpg

Last edited:
sc477.gglum.tgd.mockup.lp-c2-4df6a72e50edf49ec81d18c4687a92ef.jpg

Discounted Pre-orders for Secretly Society Members.

GGLUM

THE GARDEN DREAM​

RELEASE DATE: 2024-03-29
CATALOG NO: SC477
LABEL: SECRETLY CANADIAN

At 21 years of age, Ella Smoker has gotten pretty good at decoding her dreams. Raised on everything from rockabilly and soul to MTV-era emo, the London-born songwriter knew that she was drawn to music that offered a sense of safety, a feeling of being held within the layers of detailed instrumentation. But when she tried to write herself, she wasn’t quite sure how to conjure this sense of comfort, to make music that could adequately deal with the issues bothering her subconsciousness at night.

“At the time I was 17, going out all the time, bunking school, always on the lash, feeling really rubbish about myself’, she says. “I think that's what helped with writing a song I liked for the first time — I just started being honest. It was basically just me pouring my misery into a song, and that's why I called myself gglum. At the time, I was just being all angsty teenager”.

That early expression of truth turned into 2020’s viral pandemic-era hit “Why Don’t I Care”, beginning the journey that would lead gglum to Secretly Canadian. Inspired by the likes of Alex G, Phil Elverum and Adrianne Lenker, gglum’s music positions Smoker as an artist who can wield atmospheric disturbance at her fingertips, crafting soundscapes that allow her to reconcile with a tumultuous coming-of-age. With flickers of electronica, dream pop and discordant garage-punk, her acoustic guitar becomes a sturdy ally, the base of a versatile, lo-fi sound that manages to feel simultaneously escapist and immersive.

“I feel like I naturally gravitate towards wanting to make musical spaces that you can feel like you’re living in, rather than trying to make songs,” she says. “That's something I really wanted to solidify with this album: I basically want to make music that feels like when you're like looking out the window and it's the end of the film and you're imagining what comes next.” At a time when listeners crave lyrical resonance and sincerity more than ever before, Smoker’s main character is about to attract a serious degree of energy — and a few more dreams to unlock.

1706893381855.png

Back