Pre-Order Thread

He played a solo set at a local brewery last year. I would’ve gone but was out of town. Since then I’ve seen his name pop up a lot for his music, so maybe he’s taking off a bit?

Rookie of the Year and A Kid in King Arthur’s Court were on repeat for me in the 90s. Rookie of the Year still has a ton of rewatchability for a “kid’s” movie
I just recently rewatched Rookie of the Year with my kids for the first time since it came out. There was one problematic scene involving the 12 year old boys describing one of the girls in their class as “stacked” and included the boy holding his hands out in front of his chest when he said it. A bit of an unexpected conversation with my kids about why that wasn’t an appropriate way to talk about others. Other than that it was great! My son especially loved it and we’ve rewatched it a few times since.

Muppets-Vinyl-Misc--4_974x.jpg

TMBGWhyMockup2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

There has been a running thread of awful album covers here, but this album is an example of good cover art, should that list ever take shape. Fun album overall.

I'd like to meet some of the people that prefer to listen to an album over 12 sides versus 2.
They are all over social media showing off that sexy 7" after 7" to get some quick euphoric virtual praise to only let it peacock on the shelf until it's photoshoot time again!

Something like that...

They are all over social media showing off that sexy 7" after 7" to get some quick euphoric virtual praise to only let it peacock on the shelf until it's photoshoot time again!

Something like that...
The only acceptable 7" box set is a box set of 7" singles. And I don't have any of those either.

saw this, there's another one too that came out same time.

I'm conflicted about these as they're compilations and include stuff from the already released albums. However it does have The Real Folk Blues which is one of my faves from the series and the only way to get it right now is on that $400 box set:

I guess they're doing re-releases instead of new editions to the series? New to me so can't complain

1699627236857.png

1699627267760.png

1699627349182.png

Already have it - and I stopped buying doubles (for the most part)

And to be honest - once Fred Mollin took over the music I wasn't a fan. This one is a mix of both composers, but Jason Takes A Boat Ride To New York is all Fred Mollin, and it kinda sucks.

And I'm not really interested in Wendell & Wild or the new Exorcist. And that Muppets Christmas release is the same as LITA had 2 years ago - which I bought.

I'm not as much of an impulse buyer now that I'm part time and make less money. It's actually great for my mental health, too.

Last edited:
Back