Pre-Order Thread

All is see is VMP getting more ideas....

I can almost hear Lloyd Starr saying to the team on Monday morning that hey those guys over at AP are going to get people on the hook for a couple of g's for some records that may or may not ever come to fruition... Just make everything a pre-order and we can sit on their money accruing interest for years and never have to deliver.

I can almost hear Lloyd Starr saying to the team on Monday morning that hey those guys over at AP are going to get people on the hook for a couple of g's for some records that may or may not ever come to fruition... Just make everything a pre-order and we can sit on their money accruing interest for years and never have to deliver.
To be honest, I'm done pre-ordering anything at this point.

Kishi Bashi soundtrack for his film:

I'm apparently getting a $50 JN gift card instead of a copy of the money as a backer of his Indigogo campaign years ago. Hopefully this is still around when I get it.

rNWOkACrl50ZibP54oapJmbxCbn4jyVRfvmkJhjFbidv_nRQ6N_rZsuoJ9lZ7M4ei_JGkS-3GpdXYJkI7aEefOE8l3bEZExGA-zU8oay6zFb6pco7Bg7k5RZjeb8NRRNmeq8KXIsH8BRDvCVl4tVswyJ4Fj7o-W3icjewLsYCxM2qyVx=s0-d-e1-ft

On Sale Friday at Noon ET: Phantom Planet - The Guest Revisited Vinyl Repress; On Sale Friday at 11 AM ET: Phantom Planet - The Guest Revisited Sand Filled Vinyl (PRE-ORDER);
STmR1hXBt4O6S3Z1UL_yPEw0YSj7Ubjvb-FjwXZmjCd8yBoTq5qPaZbJwJfCvohnVgx1hsX8FVNsJsL8ukJiJqg2tl6s5Ceb3_hWqRdBXjXW6VmEydU8_EKt-SbvBmteFYMnI1u0sgHHx-ulYN8PZlmKpBgJVVyn9rJQI98z1Pdx=s0-d-e1-ft

All 2x45s. Sadly it’s the going rate for AAA 45 reissues these days from all those major companies. They are on SACD as well it seems.

I wish the 2x45 format would die off already

I like it sometimes. Some of my MoFi 45 really are spectacular. What I wish is that there was more choice. I swear fuck Chad used to release pretty much everything in both 33 and 45 once upon a time. At least then you can choose which you want for any given title.

That is Chad's model. Why have a line of credit at the bank when you have an easily accessible band of lemmings who will provide all the financing you need?

Who is Chad and why do we hate him?

Fuck Chad is the guy who runs Analogue Productions (otherwise known as Fuck Chad) the audiophile label.

He’s taken to making and appearing in those cringe audiophile review/conversation YouTube videos over the last couple of years and it turns out that he’s just a massive bell end.

Edit: for some reason I’m not seeing any options to edit the text in my post and use bold/underline/strike out etc.

All 2x45s. Sadly it’s the going rate for AAA 45 reissues these days from all those major companies. They are on SACD as well it seems.

I wish the 2x45 format would die off already
I like 2 X 45 and I have an orbit, so you can all bite me.

Lloyd starr works for discogs now.

The only one I maybe want is Mingus Blues & Roots which I think hasn't had a good reissue in a very long time as far as I know. Or nothing that was decently priced last I checked. And I probably would have been in on the Otis Reddings if they weren't stereo.

Prine is an amazing album but KG cut one AND VMP did it too. Had some of these been on 33 I would have gotten a few others.
That one intrigued me as well. I had to search my shelves this morning because my discogs says I have this mono copy.

mingus.jpg
I honestly do not remember buying it, but I just tossed it on the turntable and its honestly pretty good. :)

Back