Pre-Order Thread

0033314616_10.jpg

0033314706_10.jpg

@Matt M @hatfieldpdx

Alright, how come nobody told me about this dude? Reminds me of a cross between David Ramirez and Damien Rice, it is some amazing stuff. Just ordered this and his first record as well. Second record colored version is currently sold out so I will inevitably wait for Fluff and Gravy to repress it like they usually do.

He's amazing! I just saw him open up for Kassi Valazza at the Fluff & Gravy HQ a few weeks back. Crazy good double bill, to say the least.

This one should be great, no doubt! The Fluff & Gravy crew are really good people too. @Matt M not sure if you knew, but they started doing concerts at their HQ a few months back. Sgt. Papers (amazing punk duo - brothers, actually - from Sonora, Mexico) played there just after their Oregon debut at Pickathon.

Also, not sure if you heard @Twentytwo but Kassi is moving to Nashville! Portland's loss is your gain.

He's amazing! I just saw him open up for Kassi Valazza at the Fluff & Gravy HQ a few weeks back. Crazy good double bill, to say the least.

This one should be great, no doubt! The Fluff & Gravy crew are really good people too. @Matt M not sure if you knew, but they started doing concerts at their HQ a few months back. Sgt. Papers (amazing punk duo - brothers, actually - from Sonora, Mexico) played there just after their Oregon debut at Pickathon.

Sgt Papers was great at Pickathon

Not to get too off track, but Jock, Snyder and a bunch of artists just launched a new creator-owned publisher. Their first release "The Devil's Cut" came out today. It's a sample of upcoming series. Also, Wytches is fucking perfect.
I forgot about Wytches that was a great horror comic, I don’t have the collection but I have all the single issues in a long box in my closet.

Also, not sure if you heard @Twentytwo but Kassi is moving to Nashville! Portland's loss is your gain.
That sounds awesome, never seen Kazzi live. Jeffrey Martin just announced a tour an he’s playing in Nashville in February at my favorite club. He’s also playing Americanafest next month. Bummer for you all that Kassi is moving this way. I really like Fluff and Gravy’s roster between Margo, Kassi, and Jeffrey Martin, it’s pretty stacked. I also didn’t know that Jeffrey is married to Anna Tivel.

They sure were! I saw you snapping photos at a number of shows and meant to say hello, but the timing never lined up.

My kid was up front for them on Thursday, so I had to kind of box people out, while I was shooting. He got them to sign a setlist for him. Then he collected at least 5 more over the weekend. He'd disappear and then come back with his Demon Slayer coloring book signed by W I.T.C.H. or something.

There was some great stuff this year. Sgt. Papers was the first show I caught and it really set things off on the right note for me. They Hate Change were also great.

My kid was up front for them on Thursday, so I had to kind of box people out, while I was shooting. He got them to sign a setlist for him. Then he collected at least 5 more over the weekend. He'd disappear and then come back with his Demon Slayer coloring book signed by W I.T.C.H. or something.

There was some great stuff this year. Sgt. Papers was the first show I caught and it really set things off on the right note for me. They Hate Change were also great.
I caught Sgt Papers on Thursday as well. The crowd immediately fell in love with them, which was awesome! My daughter really loved They Hate Change, among others.

I just remembered...I was backstage for that Wednesday show in the barn, and saw you and your son nearby.

a) It was pretty cool to see the two of you enjoying it together - warmed another dad's heart.

b) I hope he remembers, because that was one epic show!

Did you see this post from Patterson Hood? A bit of hyperbole, perhaps, but there is no doubting it was one for the ages.

Last edited:
That sounds awesome, never seen Kazzi live. Jeffrey Martin just announced a tour an he’s playing in Nashville in February at my favorite club. He’s also playing Americanafest next month. Bummer for you all that Kassi is moving this way. I really like Fluff and Gravy’s roster between Margo, Kassi, and Jeffrey Martin, it’s pretty stacked. I also didn’t know that Jeffrey is married to Anna Tivel.
Yeah, the double bill show I saw was actually a fundraiser to help send both of them to AmericanaFest - so Kassi will be there too!

Anna Tivel is also amazing. She is doing a residency at the Laurelthirst here in Portland, playing every Monday night in September. I'll catch her once or twice for sure.

Given that I neglected to tell you about Jeffrey Martin, I have to ask...you have heard of Dean Johnson, I hope? If not, give this a whirl:

I forgot about Wytches that was a great horror comic, I don’t have the collection but I have all the single issues in a long box in my closet.

So good. After The Black Mirror I was pretty all-in on Snyder. I've definitely fallen behind on the recent stuff, though. Gonna have to search him up at the library and get caught back up.

0033314616_10.jpg

0033314706_10.jpg

@Matt M @hatfieldpdx

Alright, how come nobody told me about this dude? Reminds me of a cross between David Ramirez and Damien Rice, it is some amazing stuff. Just ordered this and his first record as well. Second record colored version is currently sold out so I will inevitably wait for Fluff and Gravy to repress it like they usually do.

I've seen the face in the emails, but don't think I've listened. Will check out soon.

Well I'll need to check those shows out too. Went down there for an open house I've tone, but haven't been back

I caught Sgt Papers on Thursday as well. The crowd immediately fell in love with them, which was awesome! My daughter really loved They Hate Change, among others.

I just remembered...I was backstage for that Wednesday show in the barn, and saw you and your son nearby.

a) It was pretty cool to see the two of you enjoying it together - warmed another dad's heart.

b) I hope he remembers, because that was one epic show!

Did you see this post from Patterson Hood? A bit of hyperbole, perhaps, but there is no doubting it was one for the ages.

Yeah, I did see/like that post. Wednesday won me over big. We were watching the show next to Vonne from They Hate Change. They were really cool. Vonne got bumped and a little water splashed on my son, then they offered their bandana to him to wipe it off.

The bandanas they had were actually given to them behind the Woods stage by my son and his friends that were selling them. They took pics with the kids. My wife and I ran into them later and they were wearing the bandanas they gave them. I commented and Dre pulled his out to show us that they'd had all the kids sign them for them. I didn't even know where my kid was and his signature was on there. He said, "We got all the kids to sign them. We just need Juno " I don't even know all those kids names, myself. I love it when an act is that happy to be there.

phantompowerBoxsetexploded_1024x1024@2x.jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image_16_6dcafcc4-a67a-4ab7-971a-4daacd9de588.jpg

200w.gif

$74?
I think their greatest hits was on that bs too. The blow out price for it is $35, lol.

phantompowerBoxsetexploded_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Hoping I can pick this up on markdown in a year or so!

Back