Pre-Order Thread

I think that would such an amazing feature but I'm guessing the failure rate is pretty high over time. There are devices like this that will at least lift the arm when it gets to the center label so you don't have to be right on top of it the minute it hits dead wax. There's several others on the market but they are significantly pricier.

Amazon product ASIN B008OAMD26

Yeah the autolift on the newer technics 1500c supposedly has quite a high failure rate. I’ve been meaning to look into a q up or little fwnd at some point but I’m usually quite good at keeping the music going when I’m in a listening session.

I miss stacking spindles...
img_1892.jpg
Lack of stacking and auto return is why I (still) have an ATLP-120 in a box in my basement. Bought one for my dad who wanted a record player but after realizing things have changed since 1965 he didn’t want one.

Auto return isn’t a feature on higher end decks because noise. More stuff means more noise and higher end decks are about reducing noise.
I don't know enough about the technology to really question this, but I've always assumed it's as much an ethic as it is a mechanical issue, kinda like high-end tables not having dust covers as a standard feature.

Back