Pre-Order Thread

Looks like the next Oingo Boingo reissues will be going up over the next few days, possibly tomorrow per Rubellan Remasters over on FB.

335675086_514793717507267_8744800532007945788_n.jpg

2 LP + 28 page Booklet

Stop Making Sense full concert for the first time ever on vinyl. 2 LP with a reproduction of the original booklet from the 1984 limited edition pressing and additional pages with never before seen photos. Includes brand new notes written by Chris, David, Jerry and Tina. The tracklist includes previously unreleased tracks “Cities” and “Big Business/I Zimbra.”

TalkingHeads_SMS_ProductShot_1000x1000.jpg
Freaking finally.

I’ve been waiting on this for so long.
Yep.

okay so I have a copy of this but just realized it's only a single LP with 9 songs. This is supremely better, right?
Yes. The full concert has a strong case for being the best live album ever. If anything, it contains an insane version of “Crosseyed and Painless,” which was omitted from the original, shortened LP.

I’ll have to ask myself whether I really need this (I already have the DVD of the movie, plus the original LP), but it’s very tempting. I might take a risk and wait for wider distribution… maybe even a friendly Target B2G1 discount?

Freaking finally.

Yep.

Yes. The full concert has a strong case for being the best live album ever. If anything, it contains an insane version of “Crosseyed and Painless,” which was omitted from the original, shortened LP.

I’ll have to ask myself whether I really need this (I already have the DVD of the movie, plus the original LP), but it’s very tempting. I might take a risk and wait for wider distribution… maybe even a friendly Target B2G1 discount?

You may ask yourself "How do I work this?" Same as it ever was. Into the blue again, after the money's gone.
And you may ask yourself "Am I right Am I wrong?" And you may ask yourself "God what have I done?".

Just letting you know with shipping and tax this is 38 dollars which is more than of my yearly sub by month. Not by much but still cheaper for me through VMP. I generally think VMP is really overpriced but when you factor in shipping and tax they are competitive in some places.
It comes out to $34 for me and less than a new member signup I believe. So if someone isn't a member (and in some cases even if you are a recent member), might make sense to buy it from Sturgill's shop.

It comes out to $34 for me and less than a new member signup I believe. So if someone isn't a member (and in some cases even if you are a recent member), might make sense to buy it from Sturgill's shop.

I live in Tennessee and a lot of these labels are based here so I pay taxes on a lot of stuff. That is why I rarely order from New West. Shipping and tax always kill the deal.

Just letting you know with shipping and tax this is 38 dollars which is more than of my yearly sub by month. Not by much but still cheaper for me through VMP. I generally think VMP is really overpriced but when you factor in shipping and tax they are competitive in some places.

Free shipping only makes sense if it's on one record. After that, you can't factor in shipping to the cost of each record that would come in a bundle. Also, they charge me tax.

Last edited:
Free shipping only makes sense if it's on one record. After that, you can't factor in shippung to the cost of each record that would come in a bundle. Also, they charge me tax.
VMP does? That sucks. New West, Dualtone, Easy Eye Sound, Third Man and pretty much most independent country artists are based in Nashville so I always get screwed on tax.

So yeah, I caved and pre-ordered the U2 Songs of Surrender clear 2 LP set that is supposed to be released tomorrow.
Got shipping notification this afternoon! Label created. It will be a miracle if I get it by next Wednesday.

2 LP + 28 page Booklet

Stop Making Sense full concert for the first time ever on vinyl. 2 LP with a reproduction of the original booklet from the 1984 limited edition pressing and additional pages with never before seen photos. Includes brand new notes written by Chris, David, Jerry and Tina. The tracklist includes previously unreleased tracks “Cities” and “Big Business/I Zimbra.”

TalkingHeads_SMS_ProductShot_1000x1000.jpg
Ordered!

I live in Tennessee and a lot of these labels are based here so I pay taxes on a lot of stuff. That is why I rarely order from New West. Shipping and tax always kill the deal.
Subpop, saddle creek and 4ad have reasonable shipping costs. Doninos shipping costs are ok but their albums are a little bit expensive. Shipping from the secretly store can be really expensive and sometimes makes a album that is a good price cost a lot more than it should be.

Freaking finally.

Yep.

Nice! I find myself playing that one a lot these days. The only TH-related LP that I still need is Stop Making Sense - I’m still holding out hope that they press the full show onto vinyl at some point!

I'm really surprised they haven't yet. I still throw in the 1999 CD release.

I got an early morning email from The Sound Of Vinyl that mentioned this release - knowing this was the UK site, I searched various places for a US release, and found it on Rhino's site and ordered it before their emails were sent out.

As someone that owns a copy of the original Limited edition version - I kinda wish they'd do something new for this new release.

I got an early morning email from The Sound Of Vinyl that mentioned this release - knowing this was the UK site, I searched various places for a US release, and found it on Rhino's site and ordered it before their emails were sent out.

As someone that owns a copy of the original Limited edition version - I kinda wish they'd do something new for this new release.

I'll also have to get a new poster for the A24 release this summer - but I do like my British Quad for the first re-release of the movie.
20230316_195208.jpg

Back