Pre-Order Thread

Also:

I actually didn't know it was a tour only release/it even existed until you shared that link. Did some digging and discovered that was the case. I saw them on tour this year but I didn't check the merch table since I already had the album.

Men I Trust deserve all the attention and fame coming to them, but I also hate how TikTok takes bands and makes people fans of moments. Seeing Beach House earlier this year when they played "Space Song" was just a sea of phones. It's a good song but jfc, it was ridiculous how many people were trying to film that moment. TikTok fans will come and go, latch onto the next viral thing. Hopefully a few of them look further into their music than just a single song from a reel.

(pre-order thread is now unpopular opinion thread today)
Looking at this again, and noticing that there are 5 different slipmats, and the fact that it says "1st and only pressing", I think this is leftover stock from the tour press and not a repress. On their website it says "released August 25, 2021."

Their instagram post may be misleading, but I think they're putting these out there to be purchased as part of their 1st anniversary, not a new pressing because of it.

Mentioned this album in my status but with it being Bandcamp Friday though I’d put the pre order up on here too. Anna Mieke is an artist who I’ve really dug since I got her excellent debut Idle Mind a few years back. Her new album Theatre is up for pre order now, to be released in a fortnight. Check it out!

the first concert i remember was my parents taking us to a Loretta Lynn/Dolly Parton show at Dollywood in the late 80s

the first concert I attended with my friends was this sick DMB show in 1996. Soul Coughing opened.
My first concert was also DMB on this same tour (11/02/96)! Wish I could've seen Soul Coughing as well, but it was a great show and I've seen them a few more times since then :)

the first concert i remember was my parents taking us to a Loretta Lynn/Dolly Parton show at Dollywood in the late 80s

the first concert I attended with my friends was this sick DMB show in 1996. Soul Coughing opened.

That was the first time I saw DMB, it made them one of my top 3 favorite artists. I've been hoping they'd officially release it. They did officially release "Little Thing" from the show, so I know they in their archives.
"Lie in our Graves" was amazing.
View attachment 156230

My first concert was also DMB on this same tour (11/02/96)! Wish I could've seen Soul Coughing as well, but it was a great show and I've seen them a few more times since then :)

I hitch-hiked up to the Gorge in Eastern Washington to see Dave Matthews Band in 1999, because Jimmy Cliff was opening. That may have been my only time seeing him perform. I can't remember.

I did meet him several times here in Seattle, though. I used to work at the Essential Bakery cafe in the Wallingford area and he used to come in. He'd bring his two blonde twin daughters and get them grilled cheese sandwiches. He was one of the least entitled customers that we had. He'd always bus his table and clean everything up really well, forever amending for the Chicago bus incident. This was probably 16 years ago. I remember he was wearing a Morphine shirt the first time I met him.

We had a setup where you'd come up to place orders at one end of the counter -- coffee drinks, food, etc -- and then work your way down to the cash register if you wanted bread or pastries or whatever. One day, I was at the end where you order and my friend Josh was speaking to Dave while he made his coffee at the other end. Somehow Dave's fancy jeans came up and he said he didn't know what kind they were, because his wife bought them. Josh told him that I would know, because I had been listing vintage and designer shit on Ebay for a friend of mine at the time. "I don't know what they are." Dave turned around and pointed his butt at me. "I don't know what they are. Stop pointing your ass at me." It was dragged out and kind of weird, so we laughed it off. Within the next couple of days -- maybe even the next day -- I was off work and crossing the street after leaving a record store. I looked up and saw Dave Matthews walking directly toward me ass-first to where he kind of drove me out of the crosswalk laughing. I went over to this place called Fremont coffee after that and while I was reading and sipping my drink on the back deck, I hear a voice whisper in my ear, "I'm following you." It was Dave Matthews.

Weirdly surreal interactions, in a sense, since he's a pretty famous dude, but overall a really nice guy and hard not to like.

Why do you hate Christian Rock so much?

Just kidding...
I mostly hate Christian Rock, but this comment made me want to listen to some Sufjan today. I'm fully aware how religious his album "Seven Swans" is but it's one of my all-time favorites. Perfect listening for this time of the year too!
Looking at this again, and noticing that there are 5 different slipmats, and the fact that it says "1st and only pressing", I think this is leftover stock from the tour press and not a repress. On their website it says "released August 25, 2021."

Their instagram post may be misleading, but I think they're putting these out there to be purchased as part of their 1st anniversary, not a new pressing because of it.
yeah it's confusing altogether. I believe 8/25/21 was the original release date for the album, so that makes sense.

Back