Pre-Order Thread

Maybe not a pre-order cause I can't see where one can order one from the site - but here's the Technics 50th Anniversary Edition TT

Maybe not a pre-order cause I can't see where one can order one from the site - but here's the Technics 50th Anniversary Edition TT

I’ll take a red one with the gold trim if you’re bringing enough for the whole class.

1649347715584.png

@Lee Newman I am sure you have already ordered it but if you haven't. 6 month lead time. @Endtro @KenKaniff @wynn72 would also probably be interested in this.

If you ordered the Deluxe Pressing of Death Cab's Photo Album: Heads up!

Hello,
Thanks for ordering Death Cab for Cutie's The Photo Album Deluxe Edition LP! You may have heard about wide-spread vinyl manufacturing delays, which have become even worse in the last few months. Sadly, despite our best efforts, it seems possible that this problem might be impacting the Spring 2022 timeline we originally set to get these LPs on your turntable.

Just days after our Photo Album pre-order sold out, and with the reissue jackets and inserts already printed and awaiting the vinyl pressing, we learned from our manufacturer that the pandemic had put them in a crisis situation, that they had accepted more orders than they were able to fulfill, and that their ability to fill orders would be delayed indefinitely -- now, with early springtime here, we still don't have a clear date when they'll be able to press our vinyl.

We remain hopeful that Photo Album LPs will be shipping soon, but as a backup plan, we now have press time held at another manufacturer in August, using the same master plates produced last fall before you pre-ordered the album.

We're sympathetic to our manufacturer's situation, and they've always been known for doing excellent plating and pressing work -- we'll only move the release if they're still unable to ship the records soon. If that happens, we will contact you again with an update -- but we wanted to give you a heads-up about what's happening, meanwhile.

The bottom line is that this release is going to sound, look and feel beautiful, and we think it will be worth the wait even if we can't get it to you in May or early June, but we understand that some buyers may not want to wait. Although we hope to have happy news in a couple of months that we're still more or less on schedule, the reality is that the finished Deluxe Edition may not ship until August or September, and it may not wind up being pressed at the original manufacturer.

For those of you who are disappointed at this news, we share your frustration, and if you'd like to cancel your order you can reply to this email with your name and order confirmation number to let us know -- we will promptly credit your original method of payment for the full amount of the original charge, and cancel your order.

If you'd rather hang on for another update in a couple months, we will stay in touch, and you'll have another chance if you want to cancel your order once we know for sure where the vinyl is being pressed and when we expect it to ship.

No need to reply to this email if you'd like to continue waiting for your order. But, again: if you'd like to cancel now, please email support@dcfcservice.zendesk.com with your name and order #DCB#24499

In the meantime, please accept our apologies for the delay and for the uncertainty — we hope you and yours have remained well through these last couple of years.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Much appreciated,
Barsuk Records and Death Cab for Cutie

View attachment 134890

@Lee Newman I am sure you have already ordered it but if you haven't. 6 month lead time. @Endtro @KenKaniff @wynn72 would also probably be interested in this.
They’re so good.

Just got an email from SRC for a colored pressing if Slipknot's Iowa? Anyone seen this pop up elsewhere yet?

Nope...and I just ordered it because of that email

Fuck SRC. Too many pre-orders never were fulfilled. Hope it works out but they are one of the worst CS companies I've dealt with in the hobby

Back