Pre-Order Thread

I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet... I also ordered the Seam reissue.
That sucks, mine arrived on Tuesday. Was about a week and a bit in transit. It is the first think I ordered from NG since the Husker box I think. Back then their shipping department was utterly incompetent.

Last edited:

"September 23rd marks this 50th anniversary of John's self-titled debut album. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we are proud to announce "John Prine plays John Prine, a recording of the memorable night in September 2016, where John played his first album front to back for the first time ever.

Re-live this special one-time only show with a limited edition exclusive box set featuring vinyl, cd ,and dvd of his legendary performance during the 2016 Americana Music Festival.

With the help of the Grammy Award-winning design team at Backstage Design Studio, this box set will contain vinyl, CDs and a dvd performance of this special night.

This box set will be released in 2022, but you can sign up now to guarantee an opportunity to order this limited edition piece. Partial proceeds will go to the Americana Music Association Foundation, a recently formed 501c3."

Pre-order coming soon

So happy this is finally getting a vinyl release.

So happy this is finally getting a vinyl release.
Seeing her in a week!

She’s great. I saw her open for Punch Brothers last time I saw them. It was just her and a guitar and an amp. I was completely entranced. She was also in Andrew Bird’s band last tour. A seriously underrated talent.
She was opening quite a few dates on that Bird tour but since Bird was in Raleigh, Tift Merritt opened.

I have just been picking them up at my local as they come out. They appear to be dropping one a week this weekend I hope to go pick up the Seam LP
I actually just got an email from Numero. Apparently they had issues with the gold edition of "In A Place of Real Insight" so they are replacing mine with a black copy. To rectify the situation some the email said that Geoff Farina added something special to the orders and it's only for those who had this issue. Also they gave me a 20% code for the online store...

Oh well no biggie I guess. I'm just happy to have it finally. I'm not a huge fan of gold colored pressings anyway lol.

It was downstairs where all the used vinyl is - it's possible you didn't go downstairs if you just went once - it's kind of confusing and not labeled well, but there's a big basement area that's bigger than the upstairs with all the new stuff.
I was in that downstairs area, and scored two excellent finds, but they didn't happen to be beer related

I actually just got an email from Numero. Apparently they had issues with the gold edition of "In A Place of Real Insight" so they are replacing mine with a black copy. To rectify the situation some the email said that Geoff Farina added something special to the orders and it's only for those who had this issue. Also they gave me a 20% code for the online store...

Oh well no biggie I guess. I'm just happy to have it finally. I'm not a huge fan of gold colored pressings anyway lol.
My local only had a black copy of their Self-Titled but they did get the gold In A Place of Real Insight and while it really looks great, the gold has almost a liquidity to it, I think the black actually sounds a bit better. They both come in nice Tip-On sleeves though. Curious what your bonus ends up being you’ll have to share when it arrives.

First vinyl: Black Sabbath - Paranoid (still have this copy)
First 45: not sure which song but it was something by Creedence Clearwater Revival
First cassette: Maxell XLII90 blank used to tape The King Biscuit Flower Hour off WROQ-FM
First CD: U2 - The Joshua Tree - and yes @Dead C , 100% longbox
First Vinyl since revival: What revival - I bought my first LP in 1973, still own it and never got rid of my LPs

Last edited:
22 hours left on Daniel Donato’s Vinyl Preorder. If you like Cosmic Country this is all you and if you are a Dead fan.

Here's an OG collector of all the famous underground Psychedelic records. I mean the guy went out and dug and dug and found so many treasures. His knowledge of the scene helped people create the Acid Archives list of Psychedelic albums. It's Paul Major. He's also know as the American guy who found an original pressing of the Dark album "Dark Around the Edges" in a UK record shop and made so many hardcore record collectors mad in the UK lol.

Did he find any kites?

AFP_Insta.jpg

Back