Pre-Order Thread

Don't know how we got on this topic but...

First Cassette: Achtung Baby
First CD: Metallica Black Album

First CD (gift I didn’t ask for): The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s

First CD (gift I asked for): Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness

First CD (purchased with my own money): Nirvana - Unplugged in NYC

I think my first vinyl purchase was a used copy of Alice In Chains - Dirt sometime in 2001 or 2002.

Whose first CD came in a long box?
giphy.gif

Christ, they went from those ridiculous things to the even MORE ridiculous plastic holders that were just as big. It was like, for a time, the music industry was hell bent on being as needlessly wasteful as possible.

My first CD was Boys II Men’s Cooleyhighharmony to play in my Craig boombox I received for Christmas in 5th Grade.
i also received my own personal boombox in 5th grade for x-mas and was allowed to choose 3 CDs along with it my choices were Bone Thugs - E. 1999 Eternal,Misfits collection I & The Crow: City of Angels (soundtrack), that x-mas is still one of my fondest memories.

giphy.gif

Christ, they went from those ridiculous things to the even MORE ridiculous plastic holders that were just as big. It was like, for a time, the music industry was hell bent on being as needlessly wasteful as possible.
I *think* a lot of that was to be able to use existing retail flip bins held over from records, but a little bit of anti-shoplifting tech borrowed from cassettes too.

My 1st was Spiceworld, then Big Willie Style, then The Offspring Americana
fantastic first trio.

i think my 3rd - 10th CDs were all in the same batch from that Columbia Music House pyramid scheme. I remember getting some Eve 6, Matchbox Twenty, Offspring, Everclear all in one box once and being thrilled. I also weirdly just remembered I had an Arizona Iced Tea discman that I would listen to everything on in bed or in the car.

First CD: Damn Yankees in a long box
Cassette: got Parents Just Don't Understand and I Think We're Alone Now cassingles at the same time.
Vinyl: Smurf Xmas or the gremlins read along books from Hardee's.
Vinyl resurgence: I never stopped buying Vinyl cause I was mostly into indie bands who did tour only 45s and the like so I was still buying vinyl exclusives.

Go quick

Back