Pre-Order Thread

My favorite is that it's a record called Cattle Decapitation coming from a record store named Brooklyn Vegan.
Cattle Decapitation is the band name! Been around for awhile and are very pro animal rights, but agree, the names combined with store front are very silly together.
a3241152824_10.jpg

My first 45 was band aid two! I can’t remember my first tape. I think most were recordings off my Dads CDs or the top 40 off the radio. My first CD was the Bryan Adams single from Robin Hood. So many regrets 😂
Nice! I had the Cassette of Bryan Adam’s Wakin’ Up The Neighbourhood to get my fix of “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You”

I regret nothing!

This looks cool.

"Every seven years, we release an After Dark label sampler, the long awaited third edition is finally here. Produced by Johnny Jewel, ‘After Dark 3’ features label mainstays DESIRE, CHROMATICS, FARAH and introduces fresh blood from around the globe. A glimpse beyond the curtain, into what the new year sounds like for Italians Do It Better. In the tradition of our spaced out cinema disco, we present After Dark 3…The wallpaper of your dreams & the stardust of the future. With ORION, JOHNNY JEWEL, DOUBLE MIXTE, ATRIP, LOVE OBJECT, JOON, GLÜME, MOTHERMARY, GUY GERBER, CAUSEWAY, CLUB INTL, and PINK GLOVES." - Italians Do It Better
This comp is amazing! I have the first green pressing. This blue fits the aesthetic a lot better and I honestly prefer it. It’s a great quality pressing regardless though. Highly recommended!

The first CD I ever bought was Tom Petty's Greatest Hits (the one from 1994 with Mary Jane's Last Dance).
The first cassette tape I ever bought was Cyndi Lauper She's so Unusual.
No regrets.
First tape with my own money was a compilation that had The Lion Sleeps Tonight on it, cause 7 year old me loved that song. First CD I got my mom to buy me was Simon and Garfunkel Live in Central Park. First with my own money was Collective Soul S/T.

Cattle Decapitation is the band name! Been around for awhile and are very pro animal rights, but agree, the names combined with store front are very silly together.
a3241152824_10.jpg
Screenshot_20210923-140208.png

LOL I remember when this came out back in college. I honestly didn't care for the band until their 8th album The Anthropocene Extinction.

Strictly Discs in Madison 😀 -speaking of WI locals, did you go to Atomic back in the day? I still really miss that place -probably my favorite store ever.
Where was Atomic? There was a record store I used to walk to on the east side of Milwaukee when I was at UWM. I think it was called Atomic...I mostly bought Cds from there though at the time.

I went to Strictly Discs when I visited Madison but I didn't know about them having beer.
It was downstairs where all the used vinyl is - it's possible you didn't go downstairs if you just went once - it's kind of confusing and not labeled well, but there's a big basement area that's bigger than the upstairs with all the new stuff.

It was right by Oakland Gyros, so Oakland and something. Locust maybe? So I think that could be where you went?
Yup, that's the one. That was a cool store. I also have never found the keg at strictly discs...upstairs or in the basement? Strictly is always fun to pick through, though Madcity music seemed to always have the best prices around there. Is there still that one store in Madison that sold mostly just punk and metal stuff...forgot what it was called.

Yup, that's the one. That was a cool store. I also have never found the keg at strictly discs...upstairs or in the basement? Strictly is always fun to pick through, though Madcity music seemed to always have the best prices around there. Is there still that one store in Madison that sold mostly just punk and metal stuff...forgot what it was called.
Ear Wax! Nope, sadly that one went out a couple years back (pre-COVID at least). The keg at Strictly is the basement - if you go down the stairs, go straight ahead to the jazz section, it's in the left corner.

Madcity definitely has better prices on used vinyl, but they also take in some pretty grimy stuff. Strictly is better about what they buy, but prices are definitely higher - I rarely get anything used there.

It was downstairs where all the used vinyl is - it's possible you didn't go downstairs if you just went once - it's kind of confusing and not labeled well, but there's a big basement area that's bigger than the upstairs with all the new stuff.
I used to love going to Strictly Discs during the two years my daughter lived in Madison. At least once was there to line up at their door on a Friday morning to get first dibs on the used records they put out that week. Prices were kind of high, but they always had great selection.

Back