Pre-Order Thread

Go quick

Well, didn't plan to, but bought the bundle. Figured it was worth it for the free shipping. I loved this album when it came out. I don't think it held up as well as I'd like the last time I played the cd, but still one I want for the collection.

Strictly Discs in Madison 😀 -speaking of WI locals, did you go to Atomic back in the day? I still really miss that place -probably my favorite store ever.
Never got a beer when I visited, but now that you mention it I do remember seeing tappers in the back corner!

Sadly Atomic closed just before I moved to Milwaukee. I've heard far too many good stories from others about it, though.

Well, didn't plan to, but bought the bundle. Figured it was worth it for the free shipping. I loved this album when it came out. I don't think it held up as well as I'd like the last time I played the cd, but still one I want for the collection.
too bad MRP in my opinion is the worst pressing plant state side qc is awful.

I've never gotten one of theirs before. But figure that if they suck I'll at least be able to break even selling them on the cogs given how much this album usually goes for.
They're owned by GZ and the work looks similar, a lot of US stuff that looks like GZ's work is MRP. VMP's Tidal comes to mind.

I hope it was POD.
When I was a big churchgoer in my teens (the 80s), and listened to a lot of Christian music. No shit, there was a rap group called P.I.D., which stood for Preachers In Disguise. Little did they know that acronym also stands for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, which occurs with untreated STDs.

First 45, Men at Work (I bought)
First LPs: I think.. Van Halen 1984, Billy Joel, Glass Houses, Pink Floyd, The Wall, (also, I was ~11 when someone gave me the Wall... So that was a good selection??)
First Cassette: U2, wide Awake in America
First CD, Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense
First CD my dad bought me:. Dave Brubeck, Time Out. I was 16

My first two CDs: Counting Crows - August and Everything After, and Soundgarden - Superunknown.

I think there was also some sort of Christian rock album my mom got for me around the same time… might have listened to it once 🤷🏼‍♂️
Nah, it was definitely pre-Jars… DC Talk maybe?

Edit: you all made me go look for it
😂
. It was Petra!

First LP (I was 4 and had birthday money)

First Cassette: (“Secular“ music was not allowed in my house)

First F-You Mom & Dad Ground Me If You Must Cassette:

First CD (which I hid with all my Contraband Cassettes)

First Mini Disc (!!!)

First LP when I started down the vinyl-brick-road again:

Back