Pre-Order Thread

Is that still in print or do I need to search the Discogs?
I don't know that it is still in print really, but I do see it from time to time in record shops. this is the one i have but i think there are tons of variants. some even used the ORG music AAA plates. I think you just want one with the Pallas sticker on front.

should be widely available!

The pricing of these commemorative box sets makes little sense to me. What we’re talking here are essentially 2 single LPs (Nevermind and the CA show) and 3 double LPs (Netherlands, Japan, Australia), plus a useless photo book.

Let’s say the single LPs should retail for $27 each, and the double LPs for $35 each (you would get them for less on Amazon, of course). That’s $159. So basically the book, packaging, and extra 7-inch will cost you another $100. Dumb.

The pricing of these commemorative box sets makes little sense to me. What we’re talking here are essentially 2 single LPs (Nevermind and the CA show) and 3 double LPs (Netherlands, Japan, Australia), plus a useless photo book.

Let’s say the single LPs should retail for $27 each, and the double LPs for $35 each (you would get them for less on Amazon, of course). That’s $159. So basically the book, packaging, and extra 7-inch will cost you another $100. Dumb.
sounds about right haha. i'm sure it will be on amazon for $150 at some point soon.

I guess VMP Anthology "changed the game" in making box sets ridiculously priced.

Pre-COVID my local had free beer on tap at all times (like just a kegerator in the corner of the store) - it was usually shitty beer like Blatz, but still. I spent a lot of time just poking around, beer in hand, listening to and learning about new music.

I still browse from time to time, but lingering these days seems like a bad idea.
As a fellow Wisconsin resident with a penchant for popping into just about every store I come across, I'm surprised I don't know which local you're talking about!

should be widely available!
The deluxe is nice but too spendy. I have the Pallas pressing and it sounds great so I would need more information before double dipping. That 7” and tip on gatefold jacket would be nice though probably not $40 nice but if it becomes available on Amazon for like $25 it might be worth it. Need some reviews first though and I am sure they will press a bajillion copies so their is no rush.

The-Pogues-If-I-Should-Fall-From-Grace-With-God-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2510865_1024x1024.jpg

The-Jesus-and-Mary-Chain-Psychocandy-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2510864_1024x1024.jpg

I think I might have had the cd back in the day? Maybe? I was a much bigger fan of other grunge bands and Nirvana usually lost out in my purchases.
Not really to your point here but Grunge is such a bad descriptor. Nirvana was a great Punk band and has more in common stylistically IMO with Dinosour Jr. and Sonic Youth than they do Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam. It’s always been weird that all the bands from the PNW got bunched together even though their music varies a great deal.

Last edited:
The-Jesus-and-Mary-Chain-Psychocandy-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2510864_1024x1024.jpg

😜😜😁😁👌👌👍👍

As a fellow Wisconsin resident with a penchant for popping into just about every store I come across, I'm surprised I don't know which local you're talking about!
Strictly Discs in Madison 😀 -speaking of WI locals, did you go to Atomic back in the day? I still really miss that place -probably my favorite store ever.

Not really to your point here but Grunge is such a bad descriptor. Nirvana was a great Punk band and has more in common stylistically IMO with Dinosaur Jr. and Sonic Youth than they do Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam. It’s always been incredibly stupid that all the bands from the PNW got bunched together even though their music varies a great deal.
Co-sign but I had to touch it up before I could put pen to paper.

How wild is it that KC asked JMascis to join Nirvana twice?

Back