Pre-Order Thread

this will probably pop up everywhere soon

This looks cool.

"Every seven years, we release an After Dark label sampler, the long awaited third edition is finally here. Produced by Johnny Jewel, ‘After Dark 3’ features label mainstays DESIRE, CHROMATICS, FARAH and introduces fresh blood from around the globe. A glimpse beyond the curtain, into what the new year sounds like for Italians Do It Better. In the tradition of our spaced out cinema disco, we present After Dark 3…The wallpaper of your dreams & the stardust of the future. With ORION, JOHNNY JEWEL, DOUBLE MIXTE, ATRIP, LOVE OBJECT, JOON, GLÜME, MOTHERMARY, GUY GERBER, CAUSEWAY, CLUB INTL, and PINK GLOVES." - Italians Do It Better

PXL_20210914_115141764_1024x1024.jpg

@wynn72 @Endtro @KenKaniff @TenderLovingKiller®

I highly recommend this record. He is really great and they have a Shake It Records exclusive of it.

I highly recommend this record. He is really great and they have a Shake It Records exclusive of it.

Man, I miss my hometown.

Legit thought that was a Jeremy Renner album and I was ready to call a mod out of concern for everyone involved.

Not really to your point here but Grunge is such a bad descriptor. Nirvana was a great Punk band and has more in common stylistically IMO with Dinosour Jr. and Sonic Youth than they do Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam. It’s always been weird that all the bands from the PNW got bunched together even though

Co-sign but I had to touch it up before I could put pen to paper.

How wild is it that KC asked JMascis to join Nirvana twice?
Dinosaur Jr stands above that whole scene in my opinion, even loving the variety that came out of there. Maybe I would have liked Nirvana more if J. was in the band. Glad he didn't join though.

P.S. what's wrong with ignoring music style and focusing on clothing style in our overgeneralized descriptors? 😋

Not really to your point here but Grunge is such a bad descriptor. Nirvana was a great Punk band and has more in common stylistically IMO with Dinosour Jr. and Sonic Youth than they do Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam. It’s always been weird that all the bands from the PNW got bunched together even though their music varies a great deal.
It sure would’ve been nice to have the option to buy that Live in Amsterdam DVD as a standalone.

Dinosaur Jr stands above that whole scene in my opinion, even loving the variety that came out of there. Maybe I would have liked Nirvana more if J. was in the band. Glad he didn't join though.
I definitely rate Nirvana higher than Dinosaur Jr., but the thought of their second guitarist being J Mascis instead of Pat Smear blows my mind.

it was the 1st CD i ever bought. my 2nd was Big Willie Style. I regret nothing.

My 1st was Spiceworld, then Big Willie Style, then The Offspring Americana
The first CD I ever bought was Tom Petty's Greatest Hits (the one from 1994 with Mary Jane's Last Dance).
The first cassette tape I ever bought was Cyndi Lauper She's so Unusual.
No regrets.

The first CD I ever bought was Tom Petty's Greatest Hits (the one from 1994 with Mary Jane's Last Dance).
No regrets.
My first CD was Boys II Men’s Cooleyhighharmony to play in my Craig boombox I received for Christmas in 5th Grade.

No regrets.
My first records were 45's of Blondie's The Tide is High and Stevie Wonder's Master Blaster. My first cassettes were Madonna self titled and the Breakin' soundtrack. And my first cd was Great White's Once Bitten. Whew.

View attachment 113007

Never head of these guys before.

Downtempo, lo-fi, easy listening?

View attachment 113007

Never head of these guys before.

Downtempo, lo-fi, easy listening?
My favorite is that it's a record called Cattle Decapitation coming from a record store named Brooklyn Vegan.

Back