Pre-Order Thread

1627328994776.png

my guess is no, however it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask Fat Possum or contact the band via their site. They didn't do "Fucked Up Inside" which did get a reissue when Plain did all the albums a few years back. So, since that one was not in the plans, the Royal Albert Hall album may not be as well. Probably just studio albums.
I'll reach out and let you all know if I hear anything back -- it's such a great set and I'd love to have a copy.

Sorry if it's been discussed but I don't have my reading glasses on....is there a black vinyl variant of ISIS' Oceanic anywhere? I see the black Panopticon on Ipecac's site but only colored variants for Oceanic. I have the 2014 Robotic Empire, which sounds, pretty good, but I may grab another.
I haven't seen one yet myself but I'd be surprised if they didn't do one.

Reminds me of the time I bought Siamese Dream on CD at Walmart and it didn't have the tracklist on the back (or anywhere on the release for that matter) due to a certain track name.
In Utero is my favorite Walmart edit “Rape Me” became “Waif Me” (only in the title obviously the song stayed the same) and the back image was quite different; aborted fetus became pond scene with turtles…
16ED2728-4090-43D8-9342-54D1BFA85CE9.jpeg
8AFA7C12-8A31-46D3-9FF3-7BF2D6DC4EB2.jpeg

I remember coming across Reel Big Fish and Jane's Addiction albums at (I think) Sam Goody with covers like this, with the text of the first amendment, instead of editing them in the usual way:

s-l300.jpg

I remember reading articles in the 90s that the driving force behind edited content on covers and Clean versions of albums was Walmart who had become the largest CD retailer in the country. They could throw their weight around and demand the pubes be airbrushed off of Amorica or they wouldn’t sell the albums. I was very happy to have a Best Buy within a 30 minute drive or my CD collection would have been much different growing up.

Last edited:
I remember reading articles in the 90s that the driving force behind edited content on covers and Clean versions of albums was Walmart who had become the largest CD retailer in the country. They could throw their weight around and demand the pubes be airbrushed off of Amorica or they wouldn’t sell the albums. I was very happy to have a Best Buy within a 30 minute drive r my CD collection would have been much different growing up.

We saw way less of stuff like that up here in the Canadas. Or at least I did in the Vancouver area. It baffled me when I would read about stuff like that, for sure. Then again, for some reason when the Nine Inch Nails video collection Closure came out it wasn't available in BC or Ontario, as per the computer network at HMV where I worked at the time. I wound up having to borrow money from my high school track & field coach to pick it up in Blaine on our way down to a meet in Bellingham!

I remember reading articles in the 90s that the driving force behind edited content on covers and Clean versions of albums was Walmart who had become the largest CD retailer in the country. They could throw their weight around and demand the pubes be airbrushed off of Amorica or they wouldn’t sell the albums. I was very happy to have a Best Buy within a 30 minute drive or my CD collection would have been much different growing up.

I was in heaven when Best Buy first opened. CDs and video games galore.
I’m still a little surprised that they haven’t gone the way of Circuit City

I was in heaven when Best Buy first opened. CDs and video games galore.
I’m still a little surprised that they haven’t gone the way of Circuit City
Right? That place is weird now. I’ve only been in there a few times over the last 15 years or so but every time I’ve had to stop by seemingly there are only 3 other shoppers but like 50 employees standing around and with ratios like that you’d assume they would be helpful or knowledgeable and they usually are neither.

Back