Pre-Order Thread

I found it randomly at Amoeba records, its on blue vinyl. I don't think it was going for much at the time, but I have noticed how the price in discogs has really escalated. A couple of years ago I found a copy of Whipping Boy EP at a shop in the valley. Couldn't believe it. Still would love to have Submarine.
I have the band's own reissue of 'Submarine' on CD, picked up in a sale a few years ago. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the self-titled when it came out, but I was a skint student so the £12.99 was just too much and I lived in hope it would come down but alas. Wouldn't break the bank to get a copy when one pops up, but I'm just going to wait on a reissue given that I've lived without a physical copy for 20 years already.

Checking in again...

Did anyone's tracking number for Origin of Symmetry from the US store actually start working yet? I got the email on July 2 and it still says it's not in the system. I contacted customer service but they were of little help.
I just got mine delivered to me today! I use the Shop app which eventually picked up on the package last week.

ill-be-your-mirror-a-tribute-to-the-velvet-underground-nico-yellow-vinyl-indie-exclusive-2lp

I'll Be Your Mirror

A Tribute To The Velvet Underground & Nico (Yellow Vinyl)​

ill-be-your-mirror-a-tribute-to-the-velvet-underground-nico-yellow-vinyl-indie-exclusive-2lp

I'll Be Your Mirror

A Tribute To The Velvet Underground & Nico (Yellow Vinyl)​

Didn't scroll back but a bunch of signed options + test pressings here:

Didn't scroll back but a bunch of signed options + test pressings here:
Grabbed one of the signed variants. Spendy, but I’m a sucker for signed stuff.

I had and liked my Zune.
Why you ask? I signed up for the download service before streaming was a thing.
I basically had access to all the music I wanted - just like Spotify now - but on a download to the device basis.

But I also had a mini-disc player too.

I guess what I'm saying is there is not a technology for consuming music that I will not adopt.

This is my mantra.

I've got a TT, cassette player, CD player, iPod (from when those were a thing--I know you remember Zune-boy), and even a portable 8 track player that I found while we were cleaning out my aunt's old place. The reason I got into records was because they cost me 50 cents at Goodwill and $1 at the Salvation Army. This was around the days of Napster--which I also spent hours and hours downloading 3 songs--and my music discovery was limited to what I could physically get a hold of. Spotify is where I do most of my music discovery these days.

I modded my iPod with a SSD hard drive, but now it doesn't work because I surpassed the 50,000 cap it's software can process. Not sure what to do about it now.

My succession of iPod Classics were my favourite objects I ever owned. I guess because of the ages I was when I had them and the music I got into, like when my dad's generation would say "Simon & Garfunkel has to be on vinyl". I still have my last one in a box, procrastinating getting its hard drive fixed, or even seeing if I can. I'd love to be able to plug in to just my mp3s again.

Back