Pre-Order Thread

Spotify are usually the most limited so went that route 👍🏻

Another variant: $35 pre ship though

I like the colors of the bands. More pricey though.

Spotify not mentioning quantity so that's why I passes. Regardless get me that music into my ears

View attachment 105693

Love this album, and saw that yeproc is offering 20% off if you bundle this with The Old Magic 10th anniversary edition; with that bundle, others of his records also are 20% off.

Last edited:
I realize that the vinyl collecting hobby is quickly becoming “charge as much as you can.” It sort of reminds me of the early days of the compact disc.

When I see a 3LP beautifully remastered edition from stereolab for $35, A single LP Voivod re-issue on colored vinyl for $19, and many other examples of this, I feel like some decision-makers are making the hobby a lot less affordable for many people.

Yes, there will always be used records and I think that’s the way to go for many buyers and collectors. Sadly, even common used titles are starting to creep up in price.

This may cause some people to stop collecting and go back to digital streaming and files. Especially since wages aren’t really increasing at the same rate.

When I see a 3LP beautifully remastered edition from stereolab for $35, A single LP Voivod re-issue on colored vinyl for $19, and many other examples of this, I feel like some decision-makers are making the hobby a lot less affordable for many people.
Where's the problem? Those Stereolab reissues are incredible and well worth the money, and previously the only pressings of those records were the OG's, going for $100+. Not to mention pressed at Optimal with thiiick plastic outers. Also $35 seems about right for a 3LP. $19 is great for a single colored LP, I would think that'd usually be $25 or so.

Where's the problem? Those Stereolab reissues are incredible and well worth the money, and previously the only pressings of those records were the OG's, going for $100+. Also $35 seems about right for a 3LP. $19 is great for a single colored LP, I would think that'd usually be $25 or so.
I think @djdavedk is saying that those prices can still turn a profit, while others are simply gouging the price because people will buy it.

20th-anniversary reissue and first-ever vinyl pressing of Assemblage 23's Failure out this September.

Disappoint is such a great song. I'm not quite as into EBM as I once was but I'll probably snag this one like I have all the APOP reissues.

Back